Monday, June 18, 2012

Covergirl's Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Shadows (Blue Eyes)

Hi fellow makeup fans!

 


This blog is about the Covergirl Exact Eyelights Eye Brightening Shadow in Radiant Blues 710 for blue eyes eye shadow palette . When I first bought this I was super excited because for some reason I thought the Covergirl eye shadows were going to be pigmented and it would bring out my blue eyes. I think I have worn this maybe once. I don't even remember when I bought it, but I know it was within a year. I think it was around the time I was buying EyesLipsFace products. It was fairly recent.

The palette looks really cute. The colors looked super cute and pigmented. I was really looking forward to using this product, but the eye shadow colors are really hard to work with. I was very disappointed that the eye shadows were hard to work with, the colors are not as pigmented as I would like, and the tan color does not show up at all. I don't know why they even put it in with the palette. The green shows up, but very lightly. It is packable to some extent. I feel like the blue and the green colors are power struggling over each other.

I tried both with a primer and without a primer, but it was still the same issues. I noticed that the eye shadows are very chalky and dry. That is what makes them so hard to work with.

The palette came with a Covergirl eye shadow brush. Honestly, that is the one thing I really liked about the palette. I use the brush with other eye shadows. I have washed it a couple of times. I have not seen any issues with it. But it's not worth buying the palette for the brush.

I can't remember if I bought it at Target or Walmart, but it is about $7 at Walmart. I spent a lot more than I thought I did on it. For the price it is definitely not worth it because that's a lot of money for eye shadow that barely shows up and hard to use.

Rating:
0 being the worst, 10 being the best.

Price: 7/10
Brings out blue eyes: 6/10
Palette colors: 9/10
Eye shadow pigment on fingers: 7/10
Eye shadow pigment on eye lids: 6/10
Eye shadow longevity: 6/10
Size of the eye shadow: 10/10
Eye shadow blend ability: 6/10
Overall product: 6/10
Would I buy this product again: 5/10
Total product rating: 68/100=68%=D+

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D-

Comments: You definitely get a lot of eye shadow product and the brush is a very good added bonus. The blue eye shadow does show up fairly well and I think blue eyes shadows bring out blue eyes even though some people may disagree. You have to rub the eye shadows very hard and get only a little bit of product. I think the green and the blue are hard to blend because of the colors, but also because they are so dry.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment