Thursday, June 21, 2012

Clinique 3-step Skincare (After a Month)

Hi fellow makeup fans!


I just wanted to do a last update on the Clinique 3-step skincare system for skin type 2 because I have been using it for a month. As I talked about in previous blogs about this system and skincare tips that it can take up to a few months for you to really see the difference when trying out new skincare systems.. This will be my last blog about this unless I change my skincare routine. I am still debating on whether I want to try their extra mild liquid facial soap or just stick with the mild. If I do end up changing to extra mild I might update about how that is working out.

I just wanted to mention mostly about the price of the products and sizes. I should mention that you do have the option of getting smaller sizes for cheaper prices. I noticed that through macys.com you can get a tube of the moisturizing lotion instead of the cute cube bottle with a pump for cheaper, but then you don't get the same amount and forgo the pump. I also went to Carsons.com because I bought my start up kit at a Carson's Department store and they had the same prices and options.

The facial soap options:

You have technically 3 options to choose from, but one could be a one time deal. You have to choose between using a bottle of a liquid facial soap or an actual bar of soap. After you buy the actual bar of soap you have the option of rebuying the soap holder or just the bar of soap. I personally use the facial liquid soap because it comes with a pump and is easy for me to use.

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap 6.7 fl oz bottle is $16
Clinique Facial Soap (with holder) 5.2 oz bar soap is $13
Clinique Facial Soap (without holder) 5.2 oz bar soap is $12

 

The liquid clarifying lotion (exfoliate):

The liquid clarifying lotion or the liquid exfoliating lotion comes in two different size bottles. I noticed that on Macy's website their big bottles are all priced the same but the skin type #3 bottle has only 13.5 oz for $21 and the other skin types are 14.5 oz for $21. I am not sure if that is a typo or not. That is very strange.

Clinique Liquid Clarifying lotion (exfoliate) for skin types 1,2,4 comes in 14.5 oz bottle for $21
Clinique Liquid Clarifying lotion (exfoliate) for skin type 3 comes in 13.5 oz bottle for $21
Clinique Liquid Clarifying lotion (exfoliate) for all skin types comes in 6.7 oz bottle for $12.50

 

The Different Moisturizing Lotion:

This comes in like 5 different ways. You can either get this with a pump in a cube shaped bottle or you can get it in a tube form without a pump. There are two different types of lotions. One is called a moisturizing gel the other is called a moisturizing lotion.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel with pump (in cube shaped bottle) is 4.2 oz for $24.50
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion with pump (cube shaped bottle) is 4.2 oz for $24.50
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (cube shaped bottle no pump) is 4.2 oz for $23.50
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel and Lotion (in tube) is 1.7 oz for $13.00

Longevity of each Clinique product:

What I really wanted to talk about was how I used the products and how long each product lasted. The liquid facial soap I used 2 pumps twice a day. In the morning I used two pumps and at night I used two pumps. The liquid facial soap lasted me a month doing it this way. The liquid facial soap will need to be bought monthly.

When it comes to the liquid clarifying lotion and the different moisturizing lotion/gel lasts a lot longer and will not need to be bought monthly. With both of these products I have barely used them half way in a month. I would say that I need to use more of the clarifying lotion because I might not be using enough. With the dramatically different moisturizing lotion I used 2 pumps twice a day. In the morning I used two pumps and at night I used two pumps. I have the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion with pump cube shaped bottle that is 4.2 oz. I have not even reached half the bottle with that so that will last at least another month.

Overall, the liquid facial soap will need to be bought monthly. Both the clarifying lotion and the dramatically different moisturizing lotion will last at least two months. These two products will not need to be bought monthly, but maybe every couple of months. That will dramatically reduce the price of how much you are spending on this 3-step skincare system. If you go with the bigger bottles for the more expensive price the only product you will need to worry about is the liquid soap being monthly and the other two products every couple of months. So you will not be spending $65 a month which is nice!

 

Rating:

O being the worst, 10 being the best.
Price: 8/10
On pimples: 7/10
On large/medium pores: 9/10
Smell: 10/10
Product Quantity (size/amount): 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Product options for skin types: 8/10
Product options for buying separately: 10/10
Skin effectiveness: 9/10
Overall product effectiveness: 8/10
Would I buy this product again: 8/10
Total product rating: 96/110=87.27%=B+

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments: once I figured out that after the initial price of $65 for buying all 3 products and then only having to buy the liquid facial soap monthly makes the cost not seem so bad. Clinique does offer a few different options for prices for their products. I have only seen the product work once on one of my pimples where when I popped it stuff came out. I might have stress/hormonal pimples that pop up or something and this product doesn't work on those. When you buy the big bottles even though it's a bit pricy it lasts. I don't think Clinique has the best variety of products for skin types I do feel like they have a good variety to where majority fit into one of the skin types. I have overall noticed a dramatic difference in my skin appearance. I don't get oily as often in my T-zone, my pores have decreased in size so they aren't standing out so much, the application of my liquid foundation has been superior because I don't have dry flaky skin so I haven't had to worry about that which is so nice, and my skin overall looks healthier and hydrated.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment