Thursday, October 2, 2014

E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Long Wear Lip Liner in Bark

Hey everyone!

In today's blog I am going to be talking about three lip liners that I bought all at the same time because I wanted a variety of lip liners for all of the lipstick I have and bought. My MAC one is my favorite, but I needed some alternative cheaper lip liners that I could use everyday without spending $15.00 plus. I figured I would give the E.L.F ones a try. In this blog I am bringing you the E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Long Wear Lip Liner in Bark. I bought this specific one because I really liked the color. All three of the lip liners I bought together came with three sharpeners. I am assuming one for each lip liner.

It appears as though E.L.F. has decided to keep this liner, the packaging appears very similar and they still have the color in Bark. I had no idea that E.L.F. was going to be sending a pencil sharpener, let alone three of them, but I am not sure if they still do that or not. It didn't say they did, but they ended up doing so. The lip liners may or may not come with a pencil sharpener.

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Smell: 8/10
Taste: 6/10
Texture: 9/10
Application: 9/10
Different lip types: 7/10
Sharpening/Sharpener: 6/10
Website description: 7/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I repurchase: 10/10
Total rating: 117/140=83.57%=83.6%=B

My personal rating: 8/10=80%=B

Comments:
 E.L.F. always gets an A+ from me for their price because most of their items are $1.00 and this is one of those. It is really hard to beat. The packaging is normal, but cute. The product is a pencil that is white with silver writing on it and a clear plastic cap. One end has the pencil and the other has a tiny little cap with the color of the lip liner. I think the ratio from price to amount of product is awesome. You definitely get a decent amount of product for the price. The pigment on the Bark is dark and it is a super pretty color. I love it. This product is described on the eyeslipsface.com website as feather proof and long lasting, but I do not feel that this product doesn't feather on the lip line and I don't feel that this product lasts as long as they try to claim. I swatched the products on my hand, let them sit for a few minutes, and they rubbed off easily. The smell of the product is that it smells like a pencil so I took a few points off for that. This lip liner definitely tastes like a pencil if you get some in your mouth. It is strong too. The texture of this product is that it is smooth and it doesn't feel heavy. It doesn't feel bad, but I don't think it's as good as it could be. I love the MAC lip liners! This lip liner goes on smoothly, but it does tug a bit, especially after you try sharpening it yourself. When it first arrives pre-sharpened, it works really well, but then using the pencil sharpener makes it sharpen uneven and then it kind of tugs on the lips. I think that this lip product goes on better with dry lips because if you put something on your lips like lip moisturizer then this product doesn't work well. On dry lips, the product applies to the lips, and stays. I am not sure if the pencil is the problem or whether the cheap sharpener is the problem, but as I mentioned above, the sharpener does not sharpen even like one side will be sharpened and the other won't and things like that. Sometimes it sharpens too much and sometimes not enough. I have had a lot of issues with sharpening these lip liners. It's not just one, I have had this problem with three of them. I do not feel that this lip liner is feather proof nor that it is moisturizing. The description feather proofing kind of implies that it is long wearing, but it's not. Overall, for the price of these they are definitely not bad. I would definitely repurchase because they are good to have for everyday use when running errands and such.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment