Wednesday, October 1, 2014

E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Tone Correcting Concealer in Honey

Hi everyone!


In today's blog I am bringing to you a review on the E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Tone Correcting Concealer in Honey. When I bought the E.L.F Tone Correcting Concealer I bought two at the same time and I am so glad I did because the light and dark one work together to conceal my under eye bags and dark circles. The first couple of times I use the Tone Correcting Concealers individually and I was not very happy with how it turned out. The light beige works well on covering small blemishes on my face, but you could still see the dark circles and bags and lines under my eyes. Then one day I decided to put the dark Honey over it and I have been doing it that way ever since.

Although, I would like to say that one of my E.L.F. products is causing me to get a pimple near the outer corner of my eye and I am assuming that it is the concealers because that's the only thing I put under my eyes. It seems too low to be the eye liner. I don't think it's my foundation because it doesn't break me out any where else on my face. Just wanted to put that out there.

The E.L.F. Tone Correcting Concealer appears to still be around, the packaging looks very similar, and they kept the name Honey.

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Application: 10/10
Smell: 9/10
Feeling of the concealer: 10/10
On covering blemishes: 8/10
On covering under eye: 8/10
Overall product: 8/10
Would I repurchase: 10/10
Total rating: 100/110=90.09%=90.1%=A

My personal rating: 8.5/10=85%=B

Comments:
The price of this product is $1.00 which you can't beat. The packaging is cute. It is a clear round tube where you can see the product inside and inside the cap there is a doe foot applicator to apply the product. I have not had any problems with leaking of the product. You definitely get enough product for the amount you spend on it. I think this product lasts for a few hours before it starts getting into my eyes. The product definitely starts moving I would say after about 3-4 hours. If you use MAC Fix+ spray then it lasts longer. This product is not advertised as being long lasting so I can't fault it too much. The application of this product is smooth and even. The doe foot applicator makes it easier to apply the product. This product has a bit of a sweet smell to it. It's not bad, but I can't quite place what it smells like. Once applied to the face you can't smell it. The concealer is a bit watery so it feels light weight when you put it on under the eyes. It doesn't feel heavy or weighted down. It blends in fairly well that you forget you are wearing it until it starts getting into the eyes after a few hours. If you are trying to cover small, semi-red blemishes then this product works very well. If you are looking to cover bigger or darker blemishes then you will have to keep applying it until you build the coverage you want. I think that this build coverage just okay. This Honey color does an okay job of covering blemishes because it's darker than my skin tone so it stands out when I just use it. There are better products out there that build coverage better. This specific Honey color does do a very good job of covering dark under eye circles and it hides lines to cover them better than the Light Beige one. I have really dark circles under my eyes. If you use this light one and a darker one together then it works very well at covering dark under eye circles. Overall, this is not a bad product to have in your arsenal when it comes to price and the coverage is okay. I would definitely repurchase this product for the price and for mixing the Light Beige and Honey together which makes a perfect combination for covering my dark under eye circles.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment