Friday, October 24, 2014

NYC (New York Color) Individual Eyes #939 Bryant Park (for blue eyes) Palette

Hi everyone!

In today's blog I am bringing to you a review on the NYC (New York Color) Individual Eyes #939 Bryant Park for blue eyes eyeshadow, highlighter, and eyeshadow primer palette. I bought this when I did an inexpensive trip to Walmart to try NYC. I was watching Youtube videos and people were doing the $10.00 makeup challenge where you have to buy makeup for under $10.00 and create a look with it. I bought this palette because it was about $5.00 and you got eye primer and eye shadow plus a bonus highlighter. I thought was super cool. Plus I wanted to see what NYC eyeshadows were like. I have blue eyes so I bought the palette specifically for my blue eyes.

Okay, so this is a bit confusing to me because my palette says #939 Bryant Park and the official NYC website shows the palette that I have as a picture option, but when I look through the options of the different palettes I do not see it as an option. Either this is still available and they just changed the number and name of it or they discontinued the palette that I have, but then why would it be used in the picture? I tried to look for it on the official Walmart website and I was not able to find the one that I have. That's a bit frustrating...

*Fair Warning: the NYC Individual Eyes #939 Bryant Park palette appears to have been number and name changed and possibly even discontinued.*

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Pigment of eyeshadow on fingers: 9/10
Pigment of eyeshadow on eye lids: 6/10
Eye primer: 7/10
Highlighter: 9/10
Application: 10/10
Blendability: 7/10
Quality: 7/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Would I repurchase: 5/10
Total rating: 103/140=73.57%=73.6%=C

My personal rating: 7/10=70%=C

Comments
I bought this NYC eyeshadow palette from Walmart for about $4.50. The price was actually a bit higher than I was expecting, but it's not bad because you get 3 eyeshadows, an eye lid primer, and a highlighter. As a palette it's one of the cheaper ones I think that one can find. I think the packaging is simple, but cute. I like the layout of it. I have not had any problems with the packaging. I think that you definitely get a decent amount of product of eyeshadows, eye lid primer, and highlighter. I do not feel that this eyeshadow lasts very long. I think the better eye lid primer you use the better the longevity, but with the primer it came with and with inexpensive eye lid primer it lasts about as long as normal eyeshadow. I feel that the pigment of the eyeshadow comes off more pigmented on the fingers. I feel that the pigment on the actual eyes comes off less pigmented. This eyeshadow is definitely good for a light eyeshadow for someone who is starting out in makeup or for someone who wants to have a very slight color. If you are looking for pigment this is definitely not it. I think that the eye lid primer that comes with it does an okay job of bringing out the pigment of the eyeshadows, but I definitely think that you can find better. I would even say that the E.L.F. would be a huge step up. I will admit that I don't know much about highlighters because I don't use them and this is the only one that I have actually tried so I think it's okay. It does give a bit of a highlight effect. I think that the application of the eyeshadows, eye lid primer, and highlighter is smooth and even. I think that the eyeshadows are fairly easy to blend, but I feel like they do muddle a bit more than blend. Sometimes you can't tell which color is which. I think that the quality of the eyeshadows are okay. I would compare them to the E.L.F. ones. I don't think either are very good, but they are okay. Overall, it is a very cute palette that is not executed very well. I am disappointed with the pigment of them. Um, I would repurchase this palette for everyday quick use to run errands, but I would not trust using it for important things. When it comes to eyeshadows I tend to be very picky.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment