Wednesday, October 15, 2014

MAC Matte Face Primer

Hey everyone!

In today's blog I am bringing to you another one of my absolute favorite MAC products that MAC no longer carries and that is the MAC Matte Face Primer. It is a clear gel like primer that I use for special occasions where I need to rely on this primer to last and look good on me. I am so sad to see that they got rid of this product.

*Fair warning: according to the official MAC website this product no longer exists in the packaging and name as it appears in this blog. I don't know if they completely discontinued this product or if they changed the packaging and/or the name.*

 

Rating:

Price: 7/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 9/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
texture: 10/10
Covers redness: 8/10
Covers large pores: 10/10
Different skin types: 10/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I repurchase: 5/10
Total rating: 108/120=90%=A

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments:
I do not remember how much I paid for this MAC matte face primer, but I know it had to have been some where around $20.00 for this. I want to say somewhere between $18.00 and $21.00 for this. For a primer that is crazy expensive. For the price it is not super outstanding or anything. I just personally liked it. The packaging is very simple, but cute. The product came in a clear plastic triangular shaped round tube. It reminds me of packaging used for lipglosses rather than primer. I have not experienced any product leakage with this packaging. I think that you got a decent amount of product, but for the price it should have been a bit more. I think that because this face primer has a little bit of thickness to it, that does give it a bit more longevity to it. The application of this product is that it goes on smoothly and evenly all over the face. Surprisingly this primer has a very neutral smell. It is either so slight that I can't smell it or it doesn't have a smell. Even though this primer has a slight thickness to it, once applied to the face the product blends into the skin well that you almost can't tell that you are wearing it. The texture is very smooth and lightweight. This primer doesn't cover redness because it is clear so you can see through it, but because it has a bit of thickness to it, I feel like it does kind of cover redness due to that slight thickness. The thickness blends it in a bit more than most primers. I feel that this primer does fill in large pores and small lines because of the bit of thickness. I feel like I can confidently say that this product could be used with dry to normal to oily skin without any major issues. Overall, this was a very nice primer to have and I am going to miss it tons. It wasn't anything spectacular, but I feel like it really worked for me. I would definitely repurchase it if I could, but I can't because it is no longer available.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment