Friday, October 3, 2014

MAC FIX+ (Plus) Spray

Hi everyone!


In today's blog I am bringing to you the MAC FIX+ (Plus) Spray. According to the official MAC website this product is to be used as a primer, but I use this product for other purposes. I use this spray to lightly spray over my face after I put on my makeup and it's supposed to help makeup last longer. You can also use this spray for wet eye shadow application. This spray can also be used for freshening the face, like for example, if by mid-afternoon your makeup is starting to look dull, you can spray this and it will liven up your face again. I think it's supposed to help foundation from caking up and things like that.

According to the official MAC website they still carry this product, but they upgraded the packaging, which I'm not entirely sure they did. It looks very similar to the one I bought a few years ago. The writing seems to have changed from black to white. I love the packaging because this product comes in a decently sized bottle, but the cap has a little spray thing sticking out and you can twist it from left to right to open and close. I had never seen that before so it was super cool. I like the idea of it.

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Longevity: 9/10
As a primer: 7/10
Feeling on face: 10/10
Website description: 8/10
Use for wet eye shadow: 9/10
On different skin types: 10/10
Overall product: 9/10
Would I repurchase: 10/10
Total: 101/110=91.81%=91.8%=A

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments:
I don't remember exactly how much I paid for this product, but I think I paid some where around $20.00 for it. The current price for this product on the MAC website is $22.00. I think that the price is a bit high for a spray. I think NYX and probably E.L.F. make setting sprays like this for way cheaper. I love the packaging of this product because the cap has a small spray thing that sticks out and when you move it left or right it either opens or closes the spray. I think it's a very cool idea! It's definitely unique. I have not experienced any product leakage with this package which is awesome. I definitely think that you get a decent sized bottle of this product even if it is $22.00 and the bottle lasts quite a while. I mostly use it for special occasions and it has lasted me a few years. I would not personally spend that much money on this product for everyday use, but that's just my personal opinion. I think that this product does help to make my makeup last longer because I've worn this product for parties where I knew I was going to be in heat, humidity, and for quite a few hours. I think it did a wonderful job. I will say that you should put this product on in cool environment before putting it through the test of heat because if you put it on in a non-cool environment then it doesn't set/dry so then it doesn't do much for keeping the makeup together when you are in heat/humidity/participating in some moderate physical activity. This spray needs the proper conditions to set. One time I was doing my makeup in the car and our air was not working so I decided to use this spray to keep my makeup together before walking around the big city and my makeup didn't set right so it did move around. That was not pleasant. I don't really think of this product as a primer, but I'm sure for some people it works great. I think it works okay, but I would rather use other kinds of primer. I think that this product feels refreshing on the face, it adds a bit of moisture without too much, and when it is first sprayed you can feel it, but as it dries you can barely tell you sprayed it. It does not feel heavy or weighted down. After it dries it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything on top of your makeup. I agree with the website description that this feels lightweight and refreshes the skin, but I don't agree that it can be used as an actual face primer. I think that this product helps to bring out the pigment of the eye shadow. The first layer goes on smoothly and kind of smeared, but then when you apply the second coat of eye shadow it brings out the pigment in a big way. Without the spray the eye shadow looks kind of dull and you can't really tell there is shimmer in it. When you spray the brush and apply the eye shadow it brings out the color and shimmer of the eye shadow. I can definitely see a difference. Just put a light spray on the brush. I think I did a little too much and that's why the first layer came out the way it did. I think that people from dry skin to oily skin can use this product because it adds moisture to my dry skin and I think it helps to set the makeup so it would dry out some of the oil on oily skin. I'm not sure how it does it, but I think it seems like it will work well with many different skin types. Overall, this is a good setting spray that is good to have around when you want your makeup to last a bit longer through heat, humidity, and light to moderate activity. Even though the price is a bit high, I would definitely repurchase when I run out because it would be a $22.00 about every 6 months or so for me.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment