Monday, October 13, 2014

MAC Lustreglass in Sinnamon

Hi everyone!

In today's blog I am bringing to you my review on the MAC Lustreglass in Sinnamon. When I went to my local MAC counter almost two years ago I stumbled upon the MAC's nautical theme that they were having during that time and they called it, "Hey, Sailor!" I absolutely loved the lipstick that they had in that collection so I had to buy it even though I can't personally wear the color because it's a bit too frosty for my taste and honestly it doesn't look very good on me. Anyway, while I was there the MAC sales lady asked if I wanted a lipgloss and I am a sucker for lipgloss so of course I said yes. So she matched the Lipstick color fairly closely to the MAC Lustreglass in Sinnamon. I thought the two colors were so beautiful that I decided to buy them. Hindsight is 20/20 because the lipstick honestly is so frosty it does not need lipgloss. That is how I ended up with this product. I really like it.

According to the official MAC website they still carry the lustreglass and they still carry this specific color in Sinnamon. I think the name is super cute even though I am actually not a big fan of cinnamon.

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Smell: 8/10
Taste: 7/10
Texture: 8/10
Normal/dry lips: 9/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I repurchase: 10/10
Total rating: 110/120=91.66%=91.7%=A

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments:
I don't remember exactly how much I paid for this lip product, but I definitely know it was somewhere around $15.00 and that is the price it is currently going for. I am not a big fan of the price because I feel that it is a bit too much for a lipgloss. The packaging is simple, but cute. I have not had any issues with the product leaking out. I like this lipgloss because this lipgloss has a brush applicator instead of the regular doe foot applicator that usual lipglosses come with. I really like the idea of the brush and I really like this lip brush. I do think that you get a decent amount of product, even for the price. There is some pigment to this lipgloss, but it is mostly known for being super shiny/glossy and I feel that it definitely delivers a lot of shine with a decent amount of pigment. I think if this lipgloss color had pigment, it would have more pigment than most lipglosses, but not quite like a lipstick or super pigmented lipglosses. I feel that this lipgloss lasts as long as any other lipgloss, maybe a little bit more so because it is a bit on the thick side. But it does depending on what you are doing such as eating/drinking/licking your lips depends on the longevity of this lipgloss. The application is very smooth and I really like the small lip brush for this product because I feel that it makes it easier to apply. This lipgloss doesn't really have a smell, but it is leaning more so towards chemical like. The aftertaste of this lipgloss is not as horrible as some of the ones I have experienced, but it does not taste good either. I would say once again it is more of a neutral aftertaste leaning towards a chemical like. The smell is not very strong, but the aftertaste is definitely stronger. The texture of this lipgloss I would say is a bit on the thicker/heavier side, but it is not sticky. This lipgloss does feel a bit thick and heavy on the lips though. I think that because this lipgloss is so thick that it can be used with many different lip types. I think that you get a smooth even application of this lipgloss even on dry lips. It doesn't feel like the product is drying on the lips. Overall, I love the color and I love that it comes with a lip brush instead of a doe foot applicator. I like glosses of all kind so I am very happy with this product. I would definitely repurchase this lipgloss and definitely in this color! I would not use this lipgloss on top of a frosty lipstick because frost and super shine would not go very good together.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment