Thursday, October 23, 2014

MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20

Hey everyone!

In today's blog I am going to be reviewing the MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20. I really needed a concealer because at the time I only had the E.L.F. Tone Correcting concealers that are liquid and I didn't like them, but recently I have found a way to make them work for me. But I really love this MAC concealer because it isn't liquid, it is a bit thicker so it can actually be used as a concealer, and the color matches better. I like this instantly, as soon as I used it.

According to the official MAC website, it appears that they still carry this product, in same/similar packaging, and same name. The website has a small disclaimer that they are in the process of phasing out the packaging of this product and replacing it with new packaging.

*Fair Warning: MAC has decided to repackage this product and are currently in the process of phasing out this old packaging with a new packaging. I don't know what the new packaging looks like because it's not on the website.*


Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 9/10
Smell: 9/10
Texture: 9/10
Covers redness: 10/10
Covers large pores: 10/10
Different skin types: 10/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I repurchase: 9/10
Total rating: 114/120=95%=A

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments
I don't remember exactly how much I paid for this MAC concealer, but I know it was somewhere between $16.00 and $18.00. The current price of this concealer is $19.00. I do think that is a bit expensive for a concealer. I think the packaging is simple, but cute. It is a black round case with a clear round see through top so you can see the product inside. I have not had any problems with the product leaking out or anything. I do feel that you get a decent amount of product even for the price because it is a bit of a deep pan and it lasts a while. I have not personally noticed this product no lasting. I think that because it has a bit of thickness, it does last a bit longer. The application of this product is smooth and even. I would personally not suggest using this product under the eyes because it is a bit thicker and it doesn't work well with the thin soft skin under the eyes, but this product works wonders every where else. This product does have a bit of a chemical like smell, but it's not overpowering and once applied you cannot smell it. I think that the texture of this concealer is a bit on the thick side and it does feel a bit weighted, but once you apply the product and spread it out, I feel that it does feel lightweight while actually wearing the product. This product definitely covers redness because of the thickness of it and even when you spread the product out. I love to use this concealer on my cheeks, nose, and forehead where I have more redness and it works awesome! Once again the same thing with the large pores. I have large pores and I am happy with how this product, especially over good primer, helps to cover my large red pores. Overall, even though this concealer is a bit on the thick side it does do a very good job of concealing blemishes such as redness, large pores, birth marks, etc. I would say that I would not advise using this product for under eye concealing because of the thickness and even spread out it stills too heavy for under eye. The two downsides to this product is that the price is a bit high and you can't really use it for under eye concealing. I am going to try the MAC Pro Long Wear concealer that is liquid and comes with a pump. If that works out, I probably will not be repurchasing this product, but not because I don't like it, but because I would personally prefer the long wearing liquid concealer. But that's just personal preference.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment