Monday, October 6, 2014

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Sponge Cake

Hey everyone!

In today's blog I am bringing to you a review on the NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Sponge Cake. I bought this about a year ago during one of a few mini-Ulta hauls I had. I love the NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss because it smells absolutely wonderful. I was a bit disappointed with the pigment, but lip glosses usually have a sheer pigment, but for some reason I was expecting a bit more than what I got. The official NYX Cosmetics website describes this lip gloss as a red bronze with slight gold shimmer.

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 6/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 7/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 9/10
Different lip types: 10/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I buy it again: 10/10
Total rating: 111/120=92.5%=A

My personal rating: 9.5/10=95%=A

Comments:
I think the price is not bad, but it is a bit more than I would personally like. I think lip glosses should be under $5.00, but it's not bad. The smell of it is definitely worth it. The packaging is simple, but cute. They use a square shape and a clear tube so that you can see the color inside. Inside the cap there is a doe foot applicator to apply the product with. One thing I do not like about this packaging is that it does leak the product out. I would definitely change that. For the price I think that you get a decent amount of product. For some reason I was expecting this lip gloss to be more pigmented than it is. I think the packaging makes it appear more pigmented than it is, but it is a lip gloss, so I can't really complain. Lip glosses are not known to have pigment, but for a sheer pigment and this lip gloss provides a toned down pigment. This lip gloss lasts about as long as normal lip glosses do. If you don't eat, drink, or lick your lips then it lasts about an hour or so. If you do those things then it lasts less. I wish I could give this product a 100 out of 10 because it smells so good! It smells sweet like a sponge-cake. I find myself opening this lip gloss sometimes just so I can smell it. It is a fairly strong sweet smell. The aftertaste does not even come close to what this smells like. The aftertaste has a bit of a chemically taste to it. This product does not feel heavy or thick on the lips and it doesn't have a sticky feel to it either. The application of this product is super smooth and even. They included a long doe foot applicator looking thing that makes the product easy to apply all over the lid. The applicator is a little too big for my lips so I don't like when it comes to outlining my lips, but to fill in the actual lip with the product is nice. I personally think that the applicator could be shorter. You can definitely put this product on dry lips and it will fill everything in without missing a beat. Overall, I am a huge fan of this lip gloss. I absolutely love the smell of it. The only negative is that the packaging leaks the product out and it gets all over everything which is gross. I would definitely buy this again in many different colors.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment