Thursday, October 30, 2014

NYX Wonder Pencil in Light

Hey everyone!

In today's blog I am going to be reviewing the NYX Wonder Pencil in Light. When I first heard about this pencil and all of the uses that it could have, I was super excited. Everyone on Youtube raved about this product. I got caught up in all of the excitement of it that I did not stop to question whether I should really invest in it. So I did. I went to my local Ulta store, saw it, and bought it. I bought it mainly for the idea of putting it in the water line of my eyes because putting a light color on the water line is supposed to help make the eyes appear bigger. I have small eyes so I was looking for a product to do that. I will admit that it did work in opening my eyes, but it did not work well for me because I can only use waterproof products around my eyes. As far as I am aware, this product does not come in waterproof. The product ended up leaking into my eyes and making them water. I was super disappointed with that. My view on the NYX Wonder Pencil is not a favorable one.

According to the official NYX cosmetics website they still currently have this pencil in light.

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Sharpening: 7/10
Texture: 10/10
As a concealer: 9/10
On the water liner: 3/10
As a lip liner: 10/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I repurchase: 9/10
Total rating: 115/130=88.46%=88.5%=B

My personal rating: 8/10=80%=B

Comments
I can't find the receipt so I'm not sure exactly how much I paid for this wonder pencil, but according to the official Ulta website their price is $4.49. I bought this at my local Ulta so I paid this price or somewhere around it. I would have given the price a 10/10 if this wonder pencil did even half of what it is advertised, but for me it doesn't, so I don't feel it is worth the $4.49 for it. The packaging of this product is simple, but cute. The pencil is the color of the product with a black cap. This pencil has a very decent amount of pigment to it even for it being a light color. I think the application of this wonder pencil is smooth and even. I don't normally buy or use actual pencils that need to be sharpened because I personally find them to be annoying. I prefer to use the retractable/twisting pens because then I don't have to deal with sharpening. The texture of this product is lightweight. It does not feel heavy and it feels smooth. As a concealer this pencil is absolutely wonderful. It is pigmented enough to cover blemishes well. It does help to brighten the under eyes, but you do have to layer it quite a bit, especially if you have super dark circles. I am not a huge fan of this wonder pencil in my water line because even though it does help to brighten and open up my eyes, the product is not waterproof so it leaks into my eyes causing them to water. If this was a waterproof wonder pencil I would give it an A++, but since it is not waterproof, I am quite disappointed because I bought this wonder pencil in the flesh cover to open up and brighten up my eyes and I personally cannot use it for that purpose. I think this wonder pencil is wonderful as a lip liner, especially if you are going for the perfect nude lip and you need a light precise line on the lip line. Overall, I am pleased with this product for concealing/brightening and lip lining, but this product makes my eyes water when I use it in my water line because it is not waterproof so it gets in my eyes and irritates them. I am very impressed with the other ways to use this wonder pencil though so I am glad I bought it, but my initial purchase of this product was for the water line for my eyes which I am not able to use it like that at all. I would definitely repurchase this wonder pencil for the other reasons I mentioned above.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment