Thursday, October 16, 2014

NYC (New York Color) Ultra Moist Lipwear in #301 Cafe

Hey everyone!

In today's blog I am bringing to you another NYC (New York Color) Ultra Moist Lipwear in #301 Cafe. I was going through my makeup that I still need to review and I found this lipstick. This review was supposed to go along with the two other NYC Ultra Moist Lipwear lipsticks. I thought I got all of them, but I guess I missed one. Oh well, I guess it gets it's own review.

According to the official NYC cosmetics website they still currently carry the Ultra Moist Lipwear line and they still carry this lipstick in the color Cafe.

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 9/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 7/10
Taste: 7/10
Texture: 10/10
Application:10/10
Normal/Dry lips: 10/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I repurchase: 5/10
Total rating: 106/120=88.33%=88.3%=B

My personal rating: 8/10=80%=B

Comments:
I bought this lipstick at Walmart for $0.93 (yes, 93 cents). I think the price is unbeatable. It's even a bit cheaper than E.L.F.  The packaging is simple, but cute. It is a round lipstick case with black on the bottom and a clear cap where you can see the product through it. I do think the packaging is extremely cheap because when you try to twist it to get the product up and down it does stick a bit. I think that you get a decent amount of lipstick product, especially for the price. I think that this lipstick has a decent amount of pigment, especially since this is a lighter color. I have not had any issues with the pigment not showing up. The longevity depends on whether you are drinking/eating/licking your lips or not. If you are it lasts a bit less and if you don't then it lasts a few hours. This lipstick has a very strong artificially sweet chemical smell to it. The aftertaste of this lipstick is a very strong chemical like taste to it. I really don't like it. The texture of this lipstick is that it feels smooth and feels light weight while on the lips. It does not feel sticky or anything. The application of this lipstick is that it goes on smoothly and applies evenly on the lip. I think that this lipstick would go well with dry, normal or oily lips. It does seem to have a moisturizing creamy aspect to it. Overall, for the price and the pigment this lipstick is good to have on hand for everyday use. There are a few things I would change about it like the smell and aftertaste, but otherwise, it's actually not a bad lipstick. I would definitely repurchase the lipstick, but I would probably stay away from this specific color because I do not feel that it looks good on me.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment