Friday, October 31, 2014

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pinkissimo

Hello everyone!


In today's blog I am going to be reviewing the Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in #210 Pinkissimo. I bought this lipgloss because I am a huge fan of lipgloss and because I had a Revlon coupon for $2.00 off a Revlon lip product. I saw this color and I had to try it because it was so pink and so bright. It looked like a really fun color. I bought it at my local Walgreens.

According to the official Revlon website they still carry the Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss collection and in the color #210 Pinkissimo.

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 9/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Smell: 9/10
Taste: 9/10
Texture: 10/10
Normal/Dry Lips: 10/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I repurchase: 10/10
Total rating: 115/120=95.83%=95.8%=A

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments
I do not remember exactly how much I paid for this lipgloss because I can't find the receipt, but I think this lipgloss was on sale at my local Walgreens for $6.99 and I had a Revlon manufacturer's coupon for $2.00 off any Revlon lip products so I paid about $4.99 for this lipgloss. I think regularly priced these lipglosses are between $8.00 and $10.00 which I think is pretty high for a drugstore brand. I had to wait for it to go on sale and use a coupon to get it down to a normal price. The packaging is super simple, but super cute. It is a thick round clear case so you can see the lipgloss color inside and comes with a doe foot applicator in the cap. I think the amount of product is actually very decently sized. It seems like you do get a lot of product. For some reason I was expecting this lipgloss to be super pigmented, but the color that you see in the tube and the color on the lips does not match. In the tube it is super bright and on the lips it is super nude. I am not quite sure how to describe it. This lipgloss on my lips looks like a very neutral pink color. I think that this lipgloss lasts as long as a normal lipgloss does. It is not advertised as being long lasting. The longevity greatly depends on what you are doing with your lips such as licking them/eating/drinking or not. The application of this lipgloss is super smooth and even. This lipgloss has a very slight chemical smell to it, but it's not overpowering and once applied to the lips you can't smell it. This lipgloss has a very slight chemical like aftertaste to it, but it's not quite as bad as some other ones that I have tasted. I would say it's slight, but more neutral. The texture of this lipgloss is that it feels super smooth and it doesn't feel heavy or sticky. I applied this lipgloss to my somewhat dry lips and it went on smoothly and evenly and even moisturized my lips. Overall, I really like this lipgloss, there is just something about it I really like but I can't quite put my finger on why. I think it's because it's super glossy. I was expecting it to be pigmented, so I was a bit disappointed that it was very toned down to almost neutral on my lips. I would definitely repurchase this lipgloss, in this color and other colors they offer.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment