Thursday, October 9, 2014

NYX Eye Shadow in ES19 Flamingo

Hi everyone!

In today's blog I am bringing to you the NYX Cosmetics eye shadow in ES19 Flamingo. I was at Ulta and I had heard from people on Youtube that NYX eye shadows were good so I decided to try them because they were half the price of MAC eye shadows. I really like them. I picked out this color because I thought it looked super pretty in the pan. I pretty much just looked at the color and said I want that one because it looks pretty.

Wow. I just checked the NYX Cosmetics official website and also Ulta because that's where I bought this product and apparently NYX Cosmetics went through a lot of changes in the past year to recently. NYX Cosmetics changed their eye shadow categories (i.e. they have a nude matte eye shadow category, they have a hot single eye shadows category, and they have, and they have a glam eye shadow category ), they changed the packaging, and they changed the names. I have no idea if this eye shadow color has been discontinued or renamed... weird.

Another really weird thing is that on the official NYX Cosmetics website the eye shadows are priced at $4.50 and at Ulta they are priced at $4.99 usually the official website is priced higher than other places that sell the product, but not this time.

Also, I recently saw online advertisements saying that NYX Cosmetics has joined up with Target stores so you can purchase NYX Cosmetics at Target.

*Fair warning: according to the official NYX Cosmetics website their eye shadow categories, packaging, and eye shadow names have changed. I have no idea if this eye shadow has just been repackaged and renamed or completely discontinued.*

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment on hand/fingers: 10/10
Pigment on eye lids: 9/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Blendability: 10/10
On different lids: 8/10
Quality: 9/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I repurchase: 5/10
Total rating: 110/120=91.66%=91.7%=A

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments:
I kept the Ulta receipt and I paid $4.99 for each eye shadow. I think that the price is good, especially for it being a NYX product and it is around the price of most drugstore brand eye shadows. I really liked the packaging they used on their eye shadows because they used to be in a black square plastic casing with a clear see through top that opened up. I thought the square style was cute and different from the other brands I am used to with the black round cases. I definitely think that you get a decent amount of product for the price. These eye shadows are at least half the price of MAC eye shadows and it seems like you get more product for a lower price. The pigment of these eye shadows is very good. You can definitely see the light color of the Flamingo eye shadow. Even though it's supposed to be a light color, it is decently pigmented. I think that this eye shadow loses a little bit of it's pigment on the lid because it is such a light color, but it is supposed to be a light color. This eye shadow lasts just as long as the MAC eye shadows. Depending on the quality of the eye lid primer and what activity you are doing these hold up well. This eye shadow applies smoothly and evenly to the eye lid. This eye shadow is very easy to work with when it comes to blending the eye shadow. This eye shadow feels very powdery so I would say that it is good for oily and normal lids. I would just be careful with dry lids because it could be fairly drying. I think that the quality of this eye shadow seems pretty good. I have not had any issues with it. I don't think it's the best you could ever have, but it is good for what you pay for it. I am excited about these eye shadows, I would recommend them, and I use them. Overall, I would say these eye shadows are really good for the price, they are pigmented, and you get a good deal on them on the price. I would definitely repurchase the NYX eye shadow in Flamingo, but it appears to have been discontinued or they changed the name of it so if I find it again, I definitely would, but since the product doesn't exist as is, I had to take points off.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment