Tuesday, October 7, 2014

MAC Eye Shadow in Quarry

Hey everyone!

In today's blog I am bringing to you the MAC eye shadow in Quarry. The official MAC website describes this eye shadow as a soft muted plum brown in matte. I would describe this eye shadow as kind of dull and depending on how you apply it depends on whether the pigment is light or whether the pigment is darker.

According to the official MAC website this eye shadow still exists and they still carry this eye shadow in this color in Quarry. I'm glad because I really like this color. I really like the way this color goes with the MAC eyeshadow in Quarry. Those two colors play off of each other and compliment each other.

Rating:

Price: 7/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 9/10
Pigment on hand/fingers: 8/10
Pigment on eye lids: 8/10
Longevity: 8/10
Blendability: 10/10
Application: 10/10
On different lids: 8/10
Quality: 8/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I buy this again: 5/10
Total: 99/120=82.5%=B

My personal rating: 8/10=80%=B

Comment
When I bought the MAC eye shadows they were somewhere between $13.00 and $15.00 each. I thought that was expensive for an eye shadow, but now they are $16.00 each. I am not a fan of the price of this product. I really like MAC and I like a lot of their products, but spending $16.00 for an eye shadow is a bit much. The packaging is simple, but cute. It is a round, black case with a see-through round top so that you can look inside to see the color. I think that you do get a decent amount of product for the price. I personally would like to see the price lowered for eye shadows, but that's just my opinion. The eye shadow takes a bit of work to build up pigment which is not a bad thing because then you can use it lightly to get some color and if you want to build the pigment up to be darker you can definitely do that. I like when eye shadows give you the option because sometimes you don't want super pigmented eye shadows. Sometimes I just want a sheerer color so it's not so bold. I had to press a bit hard on the eye shadow to get some color on my finger. I think the pigment on the eye lid does the same thing on the finger where when you press lightly on the eye shadow it comes out more dull and when you press hard or layer it, then it becomes brighter and darker. I think that these eye shadows last a bit longer and about the same as other powder eye shadows. I would say about a couple of hours, unless you are using a really good primer, and then they last much longer. I think that this specific eye shadow does a good job of blending. It is very easy to apply and blend to the eye lid without having to do a lot of work. I like when eye shadows are easier to blend because I am not an experienced makeup artists. Since this eye shadow is a powder I think that it will work well with normal to oily lids. I would be a bit careful when using this eyeshadow on dry lids because the powder is a bit drying so it may not look as well and it will be a bit harder to work with. I personally think that the quality of this eye shadow is nothing to rave about, especially when it's $16.00 for this eye shadow. I would definitely say that I was expecting more out of them for them being such a high price. The eye shadow is by no means bad, but it is kind of average. Overall, I love this color and I like how it is easy to use. You can have apply it to have a light color or you can layer it to make it more pigmented and darker without losing the ability to blend it. Honestly, for it costing $16.00 I would probably not repurchase this specific one because I think that you can find a better eye shadow for a lot cheaper through like NYX cosmetics or drugstore brands.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment