Wednesday, October 8, 2014

NYC (New York Color) Lipstick in #316 Blossom

Hey everyone!

In today's blog I am bringing to you the NYC (New York Color) Ultra Moist Lipwear lipstick in #316 Blossom. I recently went through a lipstick splurge. I was at my local Walmart and decided that I had not tried NYC since Halloween in 2009. I really liked the lipgloss I bought. I figured why not give their lipsticks a try. They are very inexpensive. I picked out this color because it's not a color I would usually pick out. It is a very bright pink lipstick.

According to the NYC official website the Ultra Moist Lipwear lipstick and this color are still available.

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 9/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 9/10
Smell: 7/10
Taste: 7/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Different lip types: 10/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I repurchase: 10/10
Total rating: 110/120=91.66%=91.7%=A

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments:
I bought this lipstick at my local Walmart for $0.93 (yes 93 cents). This lipstick costs less than E.L.F. does because E.L.F.'s lipsticks I think are $1.00 or more. I definitely do not think you can beat the price. Wet and Wild lipsticks are also under $1.00 each, especially when they are on sale. The packaging is simple, but I find it cute. The case is round with black on the bottom and the cap is a clear round case that you can take off and put on. You can see the lipstick through the clear casing. I think the packaging is made a bit cheaply because the cap kind of smashes the lipstick. Sometimes when I try to twist it to get the product up it doesn't want to. I think that you definitely get a decent amount of product for the price. The pigment on this lipstick is super bright and shows up very well. I think that this lipstick lasts about the same as a normal lipstick that you would get from anyone else. The longevity depends on whether you are drinking/eating/licking your lips or not. If you are it lasts a bit less and if you don't then it lasts a few hours. This lipstick has a very strong artificially sweet chemical smell to it. The aftertaste of this lipstick is a very strong chemical like taste to it. I really don't like it. The texture of this lipstick is that it feels smooth and feels light weight while on the lips. It does not feel sticky or anything. The application of this lipstick is that it goes on smoothly and applies evenly on the lip. I think that this lipstick would go well with dry, normal or oily lips. It does seem to have a moisturizing creamy aspect to it. Overall, for the price and the pigment this lipstick is good to have on hand for everyday use. There are a few things I would change about it like the smell and aftertaste, but otherwise, it's actually not a bad lipstick. I would definitely repurchase this lipstick and in this color!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment