Friday, October 10, 2014

Wet and Wild (WNW) Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil in #131 Electro

Hi everyone!

In today's blog I am going to be reviewing the Wet and Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil in #131 Electro. I was at Walgreens just looking around at the makeup section just browsing for nothing in particular. Walgreens was having a sale on Wet and Wild cosmetics. I have never really been that much into pencil products and definitely not eye shadow, but I saw this product on sale, loved the color, and decided to try it. I was experimenting with different makeup products that I had never used or thought I would use before. I figured why not try it. As soon as I saw the creme part I should have known to stay away because creme products do not work well, especially in or near my eyes. My oily lids slide creme based products right off and into my eyes which causes irritation. It turns into a huge mess. As you can tell, this product was not a success for me.

According to the official Wet and Wild website they still carry this product line and currently have the creme shadow pencil in #131 Electro.

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Longevity: 3/10
Pigment on fingers/hand: 10/10
Pigment on eye lids: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Blendability: 8/10
On normal/dry/oily lids: 6/10
Sharpening: 10/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Would I repurchase: 3/10
Total rating: 97/120=80.83%=80.8%=B

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D

Comments:
I don't remember exactly how much I paid for this product, but I know it was some where between $0.97 and $0.99 (97 and 99 cents). It was about a $1.00 for it. I think that is a great price. The packaging is cute. The pencil is on the thick side with the entire pencil being the color of the product with a dark gray end and on the other end there is a clear plastic cap. I definitely think that you get a decent amount of product, especially for the price. This product is described as long-lasting on the official Wet and Wild website, but I do not agree with that. On my oily lids with a decent primer this product lasted only a couple of hours before it started getting into my eyes. I would not consider that long-lasting. It does depend on the primer that you use with a good quality primer it lasts okay, but I would not recommend this product for oily lids like mine no matter how good of a primer you use. The pigment on the hand is super bright and dark. I think that the pigment translates very well on to the eye lids also. This creme shadow pencil is a very smooth formula that makes it easy to apply without tugging on the eye lids. The blendability of this product is good, but because it is a creme shadow, when you try to blend it out this product doesn't really blend out. I feel that it more so wipes it away as you try to blend it out and you lose a lot of the pigment. As I stated above I would not recommend this creme shadow eye shadow for oily lids. I think it would be really good on normal to dry eye lids. I will be honest and say that I have not personally tried to sharpen this eye pencil because it is so thick and I cannot find my sharpener that could fit it, but to me it doesn't appear that you can sharpen it. I think it's supposed to look and feel like it, but I think the product is inside of the pencil casing and it comes out. Or maybe once the product runs out it runs out. I will update if I find out anything different. Overall, this is not a product for me because oily eye lids and creme based eye shadows do not go well together. I love the color and I think it's super cute, but it's not waterproof so I cannot enjoy this product. I personally would not repurchase this creme eye shadow pencil because of my oily eye lids. 

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment