Monday, October 27, 2014

Maybelline The Colossal Waterproof Cat Eye Mascara

Hi everyone!

In today's blog I am going to be reviewing the Maybelline The Colossal Waterproof Cat Eye Mascara in black. I bought this mascara because I got Maybelline mascara last Christmas and I have been looking for drugstore waterproof mascara so I figured why not give it a try. Plus I had a coupon for Maybelline mascara buy one get $2.00 off the second one and Walgreens was having a sale on Mascara buy one get one half off. I figured why not. I did not realize at the time of buying this mascara, but I did afterwards when I was playing around with it, that the mascara wand is curved. It was a bit surprising at first because I was not used to using mascara wands that are curved. It was cool, but different.

According to the official Maybelline website they still currently carry this product. I bought it about a year ago so it would make sense that they would.

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Application: 10/10
Formula: 7/10
Eyelash fallout/breakage: 9/10
Wand: 9/10
Pigment: 10/10
Lengthening/Volumizing: 6/10
Overall product: 8/10
Would I repurchase: 5/10
Total rating: 100/120=83.33%=83.3%=B

My personal rating: 8/10=80%=B

Comments
I bought this mascara at Walgreens for between $10.00 and $12.00 plus I had a coupon for buy one get one -$2.00 or something along those lines. I was actually surprised by the price of this mascara because it was a drugstore and I was expecting cheaper. The packaging is cute. The colors are bright orange with a dark orange print. The wand is curved. I have not experienced any product leakage. I do think that you get a decent amount of product for the price. This mascara is advertised as waterproof, but it doesn't work as well as my MAC one does. If you apply multiple coats it doesn't dry right and then leaks into my eyes. Sometimes it just don't dry, probably for other reasons, and I end up with a mess. The application is smooth and fairly even. You can apply multiple coats without too much problem. The formula is supposed to be waterproof, but it works sometimes and other times doesn't. The formula does like to clump, especially after two coats. I have not experienced any actual breakage or fallout, but if the mascara does dry it is super difficult to get off which may lead to breakage. I'm pretty sure I have come pretty close. I thought I was going to really like the curved aspect of the mascara wand, but honestly, I was not very impressed. I don't feel like it made it super easier than regular wands when it comes to applying. I feel that the mascara gives off a dark black pigment which is the way that I like it. I don't feel like this mascara does very much in terms of lengthening or volumizing. The official Maybelline website describes this mascara as 8X volumizing, but I did not see anything even close to that. I don't feel like this mascara creates a cat eye look at all. Overall, I feel that this is an overpriced drugstore mascara that may or may not be waterproof depending on if it feels like drying or not and it doesn't do what it advertises. I must admit I was fairly disappointed with this mascara. The only way I would repurchase this mascara is if it was on sale again, but I would look around to see what other mascara is out there first.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment