Monday, October 20, 2014

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm

Hi everyone!

In today's blog I am bringing to you my review on the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm. The official NYX website describes this color as a mid-tone beige pink. I watched a lot of Youtube videos where people were raving about this product so when I was at Ulta doing a NYX Cosmetics mini-haul I decided to try it. Plus the first product I bought from NYX Cosmetics was the NYX Mega Shine lipgloss in Spongecake and I absolutely adored it. I thought their other lip products would give more color and be just as awesome, but sadly, I was surprised at how much I really did not like this lip product. I did not like it because the color was awful. On me it looks fake and somehow off. With the mega shine lipglosses I had an awesome experience and with the matte lip cream I had an awful experience. It was really heartbreaking.

The official NYX Cosmetics website says that the Soft Matte Lip Cream still exists and they still carry it in Stockholm.

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 9/10
Pigment: 7/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 7/10
Texture: 10/10
Normal/Dry Lips: 8/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I Repurchase: 3/10
Total rating: 101/120=84.16%=84.2%=B

My personal rating: 7/10=70%=C

Comments:
I bought this lip cream from Ulta for $5.99 which I don't really think is a fair price for this lip cream. I feel like I overpaid. I have no serious issues with the packaging of the product, it is simple. It is a round case in the color of the lip color product. It is a bit small. I do feel that you get a decent amount of product even though it is $6.00 and the packaging was smaller than I was expecting. This lip cream has soft matte pigment to it, but I took a lot of points off because to me it feels like the color is really fake orange looking. To me it does not look natural and definitely not on me. I feel that this lip cream lasts as long as any other lipstick or lipgloss. If you are eating/drinking/licking your lips it will last a shorter time and if you are not doing those things then it lasts a bit longer. It is not advertised to be super long lasting. I think that the application of this lip cream is smooth and even. I think the smell of this lip cream is absolutely delicious. I can't quite figure out what it's supposed to be, but it's very strong and very sweet smelling. The aftertaste of the lip cream does not compare at all to the smell of it. This lip cream has a bit of a weird chemical-like aftertaste. I don't like it. The texture of this lip cream is super creamy and super light. Even though this lip cream is super creamy and smooth, it does feel a bit drying and I would be careful when applying this on dry lips. I think because it is liquid-like that it should apply fairly decently to dry lips, but it doesn't feel moisturizing so it might be drying on dry lips. I would personally not repurchase this product, at least not in this specific color. I might try a more brighter pink instead of a neutral color because it gives off an orange color if I do decided to try it again in the future.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment