Friday, October 17, 2014

NYC (New York Color) Lipstick in #415 Brandy Sparkle

Hey everyone!

In today's blog I am bringing you my review on the NYC (New York Color) Lipstick in #415 Brandy Sparkle. I bought this lipstick about a year ago because I was looking to try some different colors of lipsticks and I was buying up a bunch of inexpensive NYC ones. I bought this specific one because I think before they called it Ultra Last, but it appears they have changed the packaging and the name of this product.

*Fair warning: according to the official New York Color (NYC) cosmetics website the packaging has changed from square to round casing and the collection name appears to have been changed from something along the lines of Ultra Last to Expert Last Lipstick, but the color #415 Brandy Sparkle appears to still be available.*

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 9/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 8/10
Application: 10/10
Smell: 9/10
Taste: 8/10
Texture: 10/10
Normal/Dry Lips: 8/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I repurchase: 5/10
Total rating: 105/120=87.5%=B

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments:
I bought this lipstick from Walmart for $1.72 which is actually not that bad of a price for a lipstick. I think the price is fair. The packaging is simple, but cute. The packaging is a square tube with a black bottom and a clear cap so you can see the lipstick color inside. I do think that it is a bit cheaply made because sometimes when you try to twist the lipstick up and down it kind of sticks. I definitely think that you get a decent amount of product for the price. The pigment on this lipstick is perfect. I can definitely see the color and it is pretty. It is supposed to be pigmented and it does have decent pigment. The New York Color official website advertised this lipstick as Ultra last, but it doesn't appear to be a long lasting lipstick. I feel that the product rubs off easily and the only reason why it has some longevity is because it is super pigmented and I put on a couple of layers so it takes a little bit to cut through the pigment and layers. This lipstick is not staining or anything. I'm pretty sure this lipstick was advertised as long lasting of 8 plus hours, but I noticed when they changed the collection name they advertise now as it lasts for 6 hours. I still don't feel like this product lasts anywhere near 6-8+ hours, unless you count the ring around the lip line as lasting. It reminds me of when you drink milk or something that has food coloring and you get a mustache, but at least this stays around lip line. Surprisingly, the application of this lipstick is actually quite smooth and even. I do not have any complaints. The smell of this lipstick is a very slight chemical-like smell, but it is not overpowering at all and once applied to the lips you can't smell it. This lipstick does have a bit of a chemical-like aftertaste when you lick your lips and get some product in your mouth. This lipstick does not feel heavy or weighted down on the lips. It is surprisingly light weight on the lips. It doesn't feel sticky or drying out the lips. I would probably not use this lipstick with dry lips because even though it's not super drying like some lipsticks I have tried before, it does seem to need some moisturize on the lips to lay down the color for it to lasts somewhat. I would repurchase this product if I could for the price, but I may or may not repurchase this color because I'm not sure it looks good on me. I love the color in the packaging, but personally on me, I'm just not sure.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment