Tuesday, October 28, 2014

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in #122 Natural

Hi everyone!


In Today's blog I am bringing to you a review of the NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in #122 Natural. I bought this lip gloss because I am obsessed with lipglosses so I can never have enough, I was trying out NYX products, and I was trying to look for a natural lip color. Since I really enjoyed the other NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Spongecake I figured why not branch out and try some other colors!

According to the official NYX Cosmetics website they carry the Mega Shine Lip Gloss line and in the color Natural. NYX describes this color as light brown with pink undertones.

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 8/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Pigment: 8/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 7/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 9/10
Normal/Dry lips: 10/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I repurchase: 8/10
Total rating: 109/120=90.83%=90.8%=A

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments:
I am pretty sure I bought this lip gloss at Ulta and it was probably around $5.00. I am personally not a huge fan of the price, it's not bad, but it's a bit more than I would expect for a NYX product. I have had this product for a few months and I have not noticed this one leaking the product out as much as the Spongecake one that leaks all over, but there is some slight leakage. I definitely think that you get a very decent amount of product for the price. This lipgloss lasts about as long as any normal lipgloss. I was expecting pigment from the Spongecake lipgloss which I bought first a while ago and it was a very sheer pigment so I was not expecting much for pigment on this one, but I was very pleasantly surprised! One thing I don't like about the pigment is that for some reason all of the NYX lipglosses come off a bit fake in color to me for some reason. On the lips it looks okay, but when the product is applied around the lip line it appears to have an orange tint, at least on me, and I don't like that. I'm not sure how to explain it, but for this lipgloss being called natural, I do not feel that it delivers a natural color on me. All of the Mega Shine Lipglosses smell super strongly, but super sweet. I love the smell of them. Once applied to the lips you can't really smell it, but I personally wouldn't mind that. The lipgloss does have a bit of a chemical like aftertaste. It does not taste nearly as good as it smells! The texture of this lipgloss is that it feels light and non-sticky. The one problem I have with the application of this product is that the doe foot applicator wand is too big for my lips so it is difficult to control the product around the lip line for me. I wish that the wand was a bit smaller. I think that this lipgloss can be applies to normal and dry lips without a huge difference. I can definitely see myself repurchasing the mega shine lipgloss products, but I would probably try it in different colors because this one on me gives off a bit of an orange-like tint, especially around the lip line.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment