Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Covergirl Outlast Double Lipshine in #245 Berry Blast

Hey everyone!

Unfortunately, today I am bringing another discontinued product. I'm pretty sure when I checked about a year ago they still had it around so it might have been recently that they decided to discontinue this product. Today I am bringing you the Covergirl Outlast Double Lip Shine in #245 Berry Blast. I'm not sure why they would choose to discontinue this product because I really like it. The package was a two in one with one side being a long lasting lipgloss/lipstick and the other side having a very glossy clear coating.

*Fair Warning: the product in this blog seems to have been discontinued in packaging, lip product color, and product name.*


Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 7/10
Texture: 9/10
Application: 8/10
Different lip types: 8/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I buy this again: 5/10
Total rating: 101/120=84.16%=84.2%=B

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments:
I honestly do not remember how much I paid for this product. A similar product on the website is going for about $8.00. I think that's a bit on the pricier side, especially for a drug store brand. I would say this probably cost some where between $6.00 and $8.00. The packaging is super cute! I really like the way they packaged this product. Over the years I have not had any issues with the packaging leaking the product which is a huge bonus! You get a decent amount of product, especially since you are getting two in one- one side color and the other side clear gloss. I think that the pigment of this lip product is decent and goes on the lips fairly accurately to the tube color. What you see in the tube is the color you get. I would say that this product on my lips lasts about 4 hours before it starts fading, but it depends on what I'm doing. If I don't drink or eat or lick them a lot I can get about 4-5 hours, but if I do eat, drink, or lick them a lot then they last about 3-4 hours. I forget how long it was advertised to supposedly last, but I think it might have been around 8 hours. It did a fairly good job on my lips. There is a very slight smell to this lip product, but it is definitely not overpowering and once applied to the lips you can't smell it at all. The lip gloss portion has a decent sweet smell to it that can kind of be smelled once on the lips. There is a bit of a chemically taste to the lip stain portion of this product and the clear lip gloss tastes neutral. It definitely does not have a good taste to it the way I like my lip products to have so it's neutral leaning to a chemically taste. The texture of the lip product is smooth and light, it does not have a thick or heavy feeling to it, but I can definitely feel something dry on my lips and I'm not a fan of that feeling. It feels a bit tight if that makes sense. The application is fairly smooth and even, but you have to work quick with it because once applied it only takes about 30-60 seconds for it to fully dry. Quick drying is a good thing, but if you make a mistake, then it's not. I also knocked it down a point because I don't like the doe foot applicator because I feel like it makes it more challenging to apply the lip stain without making a bit of a mess near the lip lines. I feel like the product bunches up near the lip lining making it difficult to spread without going over the line making a bit of a mess. That could just be me though. I think that this product applies smoothly and evenly over dry lips, but I do not recommend it because this lip product appears to be super drying on the lips. It feels as though it dries the lips as the product dries which dries out the lips even more. Overall I love the color of this lip product and how accurate the color is on the tube to the way it applies to the lips. I love the color. It lasts a decent amount of time, I would not say up to the amount advertised, at least on my lips. If I could I would definitely buy it again, but I can't because they decided to discontinue the product and now the color.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment