Wednesday, September 24, 2014

E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Mineral Infused Face Primer

Hey everyone!

In today's blog I am bringing to you the E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Mineral Infused Face Primer. I bought this face primer a few years ago because I wanted a cheaper face primer to use on a daily basis. I figured there is no face primer cheaper than E.L.F. I was worried that it would be too cheap, but it actually does an okay job. I would recommend this primer for people who have dry skin because it is super slick so it goes without saying that I would warn those with oily faces to probably stay away from using this product as a face primer because it will just slide off. I have dry skin and even still it feels too slick for me.

I just went on the official eyeslipsface.com website and this product has gone through some changes, except for the price, which is awesome! I really like how E.L.F. has been able to keep their prices low. It appears that the packaging has changed slightly, it has a different design on the neck of the bottle than the one I have. The name has changed from E.L.F. Mineral Infused Face Primer to now E.L.F. Mineral Face Primer on the bottle and on the website they call it the E.L.F. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer. I love the fact that they added different colors to it because when this primer first came out they only sold the clear. Now they have options for a green, lavender, and pinkish one. I think that is super cool that they did that. I also noticed that they added a few different types of face primers which is cool too.

*Fair warning: the E.L.F. Mineral Infused Face primer still exists, but it appears to have gone through a name change, the neck of the bottle has changed, and they have added different colors of this primer for different purposes (i.e. green primer to cover redness) than the product discussed in this blog.*

 

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Application: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Covers redness: 8/10
Covers large pores: 8/10
Website description: 8/10
Different skin types: 7/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I repurchase: 10/10
Total rating: 105/120=87.5%=B

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments:
I think that E.L.F. makeup product prices are awesome, but I will admit that I was a bit surprised that they charge $6.00 for this primer. I am not saying that it is too much or anything, but compared to the prices of their other products, it is a bit of a shock. I love this packaging, it is super cool. They used a clear plastic bottle, put a white plastic bottle inside with black writing on it, a silver cap that hold a white pump with a clear plastic cap. I love that it comes with a pump. I have not had any problems with the packaging as a whole or leaking the product. Even though this item is a bit more than their usual, you actually get a decent amount of product for the price. I feel that this face primer moves around with non-long wear foundation, especially if you are being active. I would strongly recommend a long wear foundation when using this primer. I had to knock some points off because the longevity depends on what kind of foundation you are wearing as well as what activities you are doing. The application of this primer is smooth and even. I have not had any issues with the application of this product. I don't smell anything for this product so I am guessing there is either no scent or it's very slight. I would say the smell is neutral. The clear face primer that I have does cover some redness to the face, but not because it's supposed to, but I think because it is a bit on the thicker side. I feel that the slight thickness with a foundation does cover redness. I have not tried their green primer yet so I cannot say with certainty about that. This specific clear primer is not advertised to cover redness, but I feel that it kind of does. At least better than some of the other primers I have tried. I don't think that this face primer covers large pores, but I do think that it feels in the large pores so that when you go to apply foundation it glides smoothly over the large pores and in that way it does cover large pores. I hope that makes sense. When you apply this face primer the product fills in the large pore so even though you can still see the large pores on the face with the clear face primer, once you apply the foundation, the foundation glides over the large pore and the primer product creating a smooth transition so that the foundation covers the large pores. It does a decent job of that and I have been fairly happy with it. Let me just reiterate one more time. When you apply the clear face primer on the face you can still see the large pores, but the product fills the large pore in to create a smooth surface for the foundation. The foundation is what covers the actual appearance of the large pore. I do agree with the website that this face primer creates a smooth surface to apply foundation. I also agree that this product fills in large pores, fine lines, and does a good job of smoothing out dry skin. I do not agree with the website when they say that it combats oil or that it lasts a long time. As I said above, it depends on your foundation and you activity level. As I stated in the above paragraph that I would be careful using this product with oily skin and I would also be careful using this product with non-long wear foundation. Even for normal skin this might be too slick. I would recommend this primer for those with dry skin. Overall, I was surprised at how well this product works and I think it is a perfect primer for everyday use to run errands and you want to have some makeup on. I would definitely repurchase this for everyday use and I would definitely try the green one for correcting redness.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment