Friday, September 5, 2014

Studio 35 Double Sided Contour/Highlighting-Blush Brush

Hey everyone!

Hi everyone!

Quite a few years ago I went to Walgreens and bought my first set of makeup brushes. As far as I am aware Studio 35 is a Walgreens brand and/or only carried at Walgreens. I bought the Studio 35 brush set. I am pretty sure that I bought a package which included 4 brushes for somewhere between $7.00 and $10.00. The brushes are double sided which to me means that each handle has a brush on both ends of it. For example the brush that I am reviewing today is the brush that has on one side acontour brush and on the other side a highlighting/blush brush. I got four different brushes, but with eight different styles of brushes.

I just tried to go to Walgreens.com to look up this product and even though the style of the brushes are the same with the black handle with silver tips, but the packaging variations have changed. You can still buy 1 brush that is double sided, but all the rest of the packages include 4 individual brushes and one brush set has magnetic changeable brush heads which is actually kind of cool. So you get I brush handle that magnetically clips the different brush heads on to the end of it.

I will be completely honest that I am not entirely sure what this double sided brush was actually intended for. I am assuming that they called it something along the lines of contour and highlighting and blush brush on the packaging because along with this package I also bought a separate brush from another company that actually said eye shadow brush. At first I thought this brush was for eye shadow and the angled brush for the inner corner/crease. But I think I might be wrong. I am going to say that you can use this brush for either eye shadow and eye shadow in the inner corner application or as a contour, highlighting, and blush brush. I feel that the contour brush would be too small for my cheeks, but it could definitely be used for smaller contour applications such as nose contouring where you might need a small brush. I feel that you can use it for any of the reasons listed above.

I am going to say it is safe to assume that these brushes are no longer available for purchase. That may also mean that the quality of the brushes may have changed.

*Fair Warning: the Studio 35 brushes that are mentioned in this blog are no longer available as seen, but Studio 35 still makes some brushes, has the same packaging with the black/silver, and can be purchased in different variations of the product seen in this blog, but the quality is unkown*

Continuing on to the review...

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 8/10
Quality: 8/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Design: 9/10
Bristle fallout: 10/10
Bristle feeling: 10/10
Blending ability: 9/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I buy it again: 3/10
Total rating:  94/110=85.45%=85.5%=B

My personal rating: 8/10=80%=B

Comments:
I don't remember exactly how much I paid for it, but I do remember thinking that it was quite expensive for brushes, especially for my first set of brushes which means they had to have been around $10.00 for the packaging. For the brand of brushes it does seem a bit high. But $10.00 for 8 brushes is a fairly good deal. I remember I was not thrilled with the packaging options that they had and I can still say that I am not entirely a huge fan of the double sided brushes. It is quite annoying to use. It would be great for traveling where you don't want to pack your expensive brushes or multiple brushes, so the concept is good, but I'm just not a fan. I think it would be better for quick re-application purposes rather than actual application use, if that makes sense. I think that the quality of the actual brushes is good. The bristles are soft enough that it does not feel like they are scratching your face. The bristles are not too stiff so they have some movement to them. I had to knock some points off because I don't feel like these are the best brushes that one can buy and one of the handles one of the brushes fell off when I tried to wash it. The longevity of the actual brushes has been quite a few years. They have gone through many uses, many washes, and many years without the actual bristles being damaged or falling out. The brush tips are somewhat stained from the makeup, but that is expected. I think that the application of the brushes is good. The application is even and does a good job. I had to knock off a point because I don't like the double sided design of the brush. I have not noticed any fallout with the contour and highlighting brush. I think that the bristles feel soft on the face and I have not experienced any feelings of scratching or anything. I feel that this brush does a good job of blending the product. I think it could be a bit better, but it's good for what it is. Overall I have been satisfied with the brushes and I use them quite often. I would probably not buy this product again because I can't and because I would like to branch out to see what other brushes have to offer. Even though this brush gets the job done, I feel that there are better brushes out there.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment