Monday, September 15, 2014

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in #663 Va Va Violet

Hi everyone!


Today I am bringing you a blog about the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in #663 Va Va Violet. I bought this lipstick about a year or so ago when I was trying out different lip products from different companies. I usually buy muted colors which is why I love lipgosses because you get a bit of color but it's not overpowering because sometimes I am a bit reserved about wearing bright bold colors or I tend to stick with more natural colors, but I found this I think at Target when I was looking around and I had to have it. I wanted to try a dark bold color and I love the color purple. I've played around with it, but never had the courage to wear it out in public. I went on the official Revlon website and they still carry their Super Lustrous Lipsticks and they still carry this color. Va Va Violet which I would describe as a very deep dark purple color. I love it, but I'm sure someone else can rock this lipstick color better than I can =-D

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 9/10
Taste: 7/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Different lip types: 10/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I buy it again: 10/10
Total rating: 114/120=95%=A

My personal rating: 9.5/10=95%=A

Comments:
I honestly do not remember how much I paid for this product, but currently on Target.com it is listed for $7.99 for this specific color, but other colors vary in price. On Walmart.com the pricing varies from about $4.50-$7.00 depending on the finish (i.e. matte, pearl, creme). I must have used a coupon or it happened to be on sale or something. I am going to say I paid between $4.00 and 7.00 for this lipstick. I think that is a bit pricey for a drugstore lipstick, but not as bad as it could be. The packaging is a normal round lipstick tube that says Revlon on it. It's cute. I think that you get a decent amount of product for the price. The pigment of this lipstick color is really good. I like that it's a dark purple that you can tell is supposed to be a dark purple. The nice thing about lipsticks with pigment is that you get to choose whether you want to apply it light, medium or the full dark color depending on how you apply the product. I think that the longevity of this lipstick is the same as a normal lipstick, but maybe a little bit more so because it is so pigmented that  evenwhen the bold color wears off you are still left with a muted purple underneath. This lipstick does not appear to have a smell to it and if it does it is super faint. This lipstick does appear to have a chemically aftertaste to it and you can tell. The texture of the lipstick is that it does not feel heavy or like you are wearing a blanket on your lips like some lip products can feel. This lipstick goes on fairly smoothly and I have not had any problems with the application of the product. I feel that you can put this lipstick on semi-dry lips and it won't feel super drying on the lips because it does have a bit of moisture to it. The nice thing about this dark color is that you can hide the inner lines on the actual lips that can sometimes show with other colors. I really like this lipstick and I have definitely thought about purchasing more colors. The awesome thing is that I can repurchase this product and try out some different colors that they carry which is something like 72 or 82 different colors! Yes, I will definitely be repurchasing this product in this color and trying out different colors! If this lipstick had any kind of a sweet scent and not so chemically of an aftertaste I would definitely have given it a 10/10, but those things do bother me so I think the score I gave it is fair.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment