Thursday, September 11, 2014

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor in Eternal Petal

Hey everyone!

Yesterday I took a day off for my birthday, but I am back here today bringing you the Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lip Color in Eternal Petal. I wore this lip stain/lip gloss on my wedding day because it is a very muted pink color. It matches my lip color so it looks like my lips but with a slight color to it to make it look nicer. I might describe this color as more of a red-purple color. It's too dark to be pink and too light to be purple, but it's like in between those two colors. I really like how this color looks on my lips. I do not remember exactly how long this lip product lasted on my lips, but I would say it lasted for 3-4 hours. I am so sad that this specific color appears to be discontinued because I would definitely repurchase it. The packaging is similar to Covergirls Outlast lip product where it is double sided where there is the lip stain product on one side and the clear lip gloss on the other end. The lip stain part has a small doe foot applicator while the clear gloss has a small brush to apply the product to the lip. The Revlon packaging is also round, but it is smaller which is nice because the doe foot applicator is smaller and it is easier to use on my lips to apply the product. I don't mind that this lip product has a doe foot applicator because it's not too big so I can use it to apply product on my lips and it doesn't bunch up the product near the lip line. I do like the brush for the clear gloss although I would prefer it for the actual lip stain. I feel that the brush provides more control of the product than the doe foot applicator. I would prefer this product over the Covergirl Outlast product just because of this small, but significant difference. As you can tell I love the color and I love the application.

*Fair warning: it appears that Revlon still carries the ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor and it appears to still be in the same packaging, but I could not find the color Eternal Petal on the Revlon website so I think they discontinued this specific color.*

 Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 9/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Smell: 8/10
Taste: 9/10
Texture: 9/10
Application: 10/10
Different lip types: 8/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I buy this again: 7/10
Total rating: 104/120=86.66%=86.7%=B

My personal rating: 9.5/10=95%=A 

Comments:
I don't remember how much I paid for this product, but according to Walmart for a similar product (for some reason Walmart calls it the Revlon Colorstay Sheer Lipcolor even though the Packaging itself says Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor ) is going for between $6.50-$8.50 for this product. I do think that is a bit high for a drugstore brand lipstain, but the Covergirl ones are not cheap either and you do technically get two products. I love the packaging, especially on this Revlon lip product because it is double sided- one side lip stain other side clear gloss, it is smaller in size, the doe foot applicator is smaller so it's easier to work with on my lips and I love the brush for the gloss. The packaging says that you get 0.07 FL OZ for both the lip stain and the clear gloss which seems a bit small to me. Since the packaging is smaller it holds less product so it ends up being kind of expensive when comparing product to price, but it depends on which color you get. I kind of agree with Walmart when it calls this product a sheer lipcolor because even though it's not totally sheer color like some other products that I have seens, the color does appear to be a bit muted. It gives a little bit of color, but not overpowering. I think it gives just the right amount of color to make it look like you are wearing makeup, but you could get away with saying that you aren't, if that makes any sense. According to the Revlon package this lipcolor is supposed to last up to 16 hours, but honestly I have never worn it that long and I don't recall it lasting that long, especially if you are participating in activities like drinking/eating. I am going to say that it does not last 16 hours, but for me it lasted about 3-4 hours with eating/drinking. It might have lasted longer if I had not been eating/drinking. I think for me it is safe to assume that this product does not hold for the full 16 hours so I had to knock some points off for that. I really don't like how companies can advertise 16hrs or 24hrs products that on me barely last 3 hours. It drives me a bit bonkers! This product has a bit of a fake/chemically smell to the lipcolor portion. I can't quite tell what it is, but it's trying to smell sweet, but comes off really chemically. The clear lip gloss does not appear to have any smell to it at all. There is no offending odor and there is no good odor either. It just smells neutral. The taste/aftertaste of the product is a bit chemically, but it's not as offensive as some of the other lip products I have had where I could not stand having that lip product taste in my mouth. It doesn't taste overly chemically, but it doesn't taste good either. I would say it is neutral which is okay. The lipcolor part when applied to the lips does feel drying and I can feel there is something dry and sticky on my lips, but once the clear lip gloss is applied it feels smooth, not heavy, and not thick. As I have talked about above multiple times that I love this packaging because during the application process it makes it so much easier. The lipcolor and the lip gloss apply smoothly and evenly to the lips. I just applied this product to dry lips and the lipcolor dried out my lips and felt super dry, but the lipgloss helps with it not feeling sticky or dry or drying out the lips. Overall I love the color of this product, I love that it is smaller for easier application, the product does not bunch up at the lip line and it works well. If I could repurchase this color I totally would, but I am excited to try out some of their other colors for this product.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment