Wednesday, September 17, 2014

E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Waterproof Lengthening and Volumizing Mascara in Black

Hey everyone!


In today's blog I am bringing to you a review on the E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Waterproof Lengthening and Volumizing Mascara in Black. I bought this mascara because it was cheap and because it said it was supposed to be waterproof which is the only kind of mascara that I can wear. I have never been able to wear regular mascara because for some reason it always gets in my eyes. Then my eyes burn and water so that I rub to make it go away and then my makeup gets all kinds of messed up. Ever since I discovered that there was such a product as waterproof I was all over it. The same goes with eye liner too, it has to be waterproof. Ever since I discovered waterproof products I have been searching for waterproof mascara that lasts. I decided to give the E.L.F. waterproof mascara a try because it was cheap and because if it worked then I could use it daily without having to use the MAC Splashproof mascara which is a bit costly for me, especially to use everyday.

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Lengthening/Volumizing: 8/10
Application: 8/10
Formula: 9/10
Eye Lash Breakage/Fallout: 9/10
Wand: 9/10
Pigment: 10/10
Overall product: 8/10
Would I repurchase: 9/10
Total rating: 107/120=89.16%=89.2%=B

My personal rating: 8./10=85%=B

Comments:
I'm pretty sure that I paid $3.00 for this mascara and E.L.F. still currently carries this product for $3.00 which is pretty cool. I'm not sure how they have been able to keep their low prices, but kudos to E.L.F. for that. The packaging of the product is kind of weird. The bottom that holds the product is square and the top that holds the wand is square also and gets slim as it goes up. I'm not sure what the point of this design is, but I do find it cute. It's different. I'm not sure how to rate the amount of the product because the packaging is small, but for the price... I think it is a fair amount. When I was active the mascara started going into my eyes after about 2-4 hours. When I am not active this mascara lasts about 4-6 hours before it starts getting into my eyes. According to the EyesLipsFace.com website it is "supposed to last all day," but I don't think they mean to claim 24 hours because it doesn't technically say it. But I still took points off because it varies so much between activity/non-activity and there are other mascaras out there that last longer who have similar claims. I think that this mascara does a good job on volumizing, but not necessarily on the lengthening. I feel that the product fills the eye lashes to create volume and I feel that the product does not lengthen my lashes as much as I would like. The application of the product is decent. I feel that the product goes on smoothly on the eye lashes except when you start applying more than one coat the product can start getting clumpy and the eye lashes start sticking together, but you need to do more than one coat in order to coat the lashes. The formula itself is smooth and does a fair job. The formula dries fairly quickly. I have not noticed this product breaking or pulling out my eye lashes which makes me super happy =-D I do feel that there is some fallout and after how long depends on how active you are. After about 5 hours of me not doing much it started getting into my eyes. The wand is a straight line (although I think from what I saw on the official website they may have changed the wand to be curvier) so it makes it a bit difficult to apply the mascara to the lashes, but I can't be too harsh because most mascaras use a straight wand. The pigment of the mascara is black and it goes onto the eye lashes as such. I have not noticed it streaking or not applying the black color. Overall this product is good for short slight activities where it has the most longevity, especially on oily lids where the oil/sweat might leak onto the product causing it to break down faster. I would definitely repurchase this product, especially for everyday use and on special occasions I would use my MAC Splashproof mascara.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment