Tuesday, September 23, 2014

E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Hypershine Gloss in Fairy

Hi everyone!

In today's blog I am bringing to you a review on the E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Hypershine Gloss in Fairy. I was super excited when I first saw these on the eyeslipsface.com website because of the packaging. I thought it was super cool, cute, and it wasn't anything that I had seen before. Plus during that time it was new and then other companies started doing similar things. I love lip gloss so that is hands down why I bought it, but the packaging made it even more exciting!

According to the official eyeslipsface.com website, it looks like this product still exists. I did not notice anything dramatically different about the packaging. They still offer the hypershine gloss in Fairy. The description of the product is that it is supposed to be super shiny because of something like micro-mirrors that are supposed to reflect light and it is supposed to last for hours. This product is described as subtle and sheer color. It looks like this is supposed to be more for shine than for color.

The packaging is pretty cool. The product is shaped like a marker (but not as ugly, I'm trying to describe about the thickness/look of this product) with a see through middle so that you can see the lip color, one end has a brush to apply the lip product with and the other end has a twisty cap to twist the product out. I know I'm not describing it as elegantly as it should be, but I think it is super cute!

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of Product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 8/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 9/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Different lip types: 8/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I repurchase: 10/10
Total rating: 114/120=95%=A

My personal rating: 9.5/10=95%=A

Comments:
The price of the E.L.F. Hypershine Gloss is $1.00! For a lip gloss addict like me, you cannot beat spending $1.00 for this product. I think the packaging is super cute! I described it in the above paragraph. I have never had a problem with the product not coming out, although at first it does take about 10-20 clicks before the initial product comes out, or leaking. For the price you do get a decent amount of product. I feel that with Wet and Wild products you get more product for the same price, but it's decent. The E.L.F. website describes this product as sheer in color, but super shiny. The pigment of this lip gloss is fairly sheer. I personally wish they made this product with more pigment. That is the only negative I have about this product. Honestly, I'm not sure how to rate it on pigment because I would like to see more pigment, but the website describes it as a sheer color... so I guess I will have to go by what the company claims. I have to judge it on it's glossiness. I would say that this has decent shine, but I don't think it's super shiny. I do think that it is a bit drying on the lips instead of moisturizing. E.L.F. claims that this product lasts a few hours, but I don't agree. I think that this lip gloss lasts as much as a normal lip gloss, especially if you are not doing a lot of things with your lips like eating or drinking. This product has a bit of a sweet smell to it, but it's not overpowering and it doesn't smell bad. Once applied to the lips you can't really smell it. The taste of the lip gloss is also a bit sweet mixed with a slight chemically aftertaste to it. It's definitely not as bad or as overpowering as some of the other lip products I have bought. This product does not feel heavy on the lips and it's not sticky like some lip glosses can be. It is very pleasant. I love that they included the lip brush on the end of the product because it gives it a bit variety from the other lip glosses, but also because I think I personally like the brush application better. The brush is more precise and this doesn't give too much product like some doe foot applicators can and then it goes outside the lip lines and creates a mess. You can control how much product by how many clicks and the brush small enough to outline the lip line as well as big enough to fill in the lips. They describe this lip product as moisturizing to the lips, but I don't really think that it does. I was able to apply this product to dry lips, but I feel like this product is more drying than moisturizing. Overall, I love the packaging. This is a nice product to have when you want to apply something to your lips for quick runs. I just personally wish it was more pigmented. I would definitely repurchase this product!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment