Thursday, September 18, 2014

E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Professional Brow Comb Brush

Hi everyone!

In today's blog I am bringing you the E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Professional Brow and Comb Brush. I originally bought this brush because I like using the comb part to come out my lashes after I apply mascara to get the clumps out. But I have tried to use it for brows recently in the last few months because I am learning how to fill in and shape my brows.

On the brush handle it says, E.L.F. Professional Brow Comb and Brush, but on the official eyeslipsface.com website they have it listed under E.L.F. Essential brushes and they call it the E.L.F. Essentials Brow + Comb Brush. It is a bit confusing, but when I click on the picture it looks and says the same thing as the brush that I have.

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Quality: 6/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Design: 6/10
Bristle fallout: 8/10
Bristle feeling: 6/10
Blending ability: 7/10
Overall rating: 6/10
Would I repurchase: 3/10
Total rating: 82/110= 74.54%=74.5%=C

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D

Comments:
The price for this brush is $1.00. The price of this brush is absolutely unbeatable from anywhere else unless you just happen to stumble upon a really good sale with a coupon or something. Usually this type of brush is very hard to find for this price. I do not have any issues with the packaging, it is quite simple, but it is cute. The handle is long and thin in the color white with a shiny pearl finish. On the handle of the brush there is writing in silver. The brush head holder is silver. The brow comb and brush combo is black. I do not think that the quality of this brush is very good. It has lasted me a couple of years which is good, especially for the price, but the actual quality of the brush looks very cheap and plastic like. I have admitted that I did not use this brush as often as I could have, but it has lasted me about 2 years. I think this brush does last. The application category doesn't really apply here so I will give it the full points. The brush and the comb do a good job of combing and brushing the eyebrow hairs to prepare it for applying eyebrow products. I hate the design of this brush. The comb looks and feels like plastic. It does not do a good job of getting rid of mascara clumps at all because I can barely fit my lashes through the comb. I have never experienced that problem with another comb that I used to use to do that. This comb is really hard to work with the way I want it. It does a good job of combing the eyebrows, but not getting rid of mascara clumps in the lashes. Don't even get me started on the brush part of this. There is one bristle that is way longer than the other ones and it bends and sticks out like a sore thumb. It looks obnoxious. It feels like plastic. I don't know how E.L.F. did it, but they did manage to make plastic bristles that bend/are flexible because the brush does not feel as rough as it looks like it should. It does feel scratchy on the skin and on the eyebrows, but not as bad as it looks. The material looks and feels like plastic, but also bends and doesn't feel as harsh as it looks. I don't know how to explain that one. But I would be careful with super sensitive skin and this eyebrow brush product. I have not personally had an issues with the brush bristles falling out, but like I said above, mine came with one bristle that is longer than the others so it sticks out. The bristles on this brush look like they would really hurt, but they are actually not as bad as they look, but they do feel scratchy on the skin and brows. The comb part feels very plastic and is very unforgiving on eyelashes. I think that the eyebrow comb does an okay job of blending out eyebrow product, but it does take off a lot of product and you can definitely find a better one. Overall I did not like this brush when I first received it a few years ago and I don't like it even more today. There are definitely better eyebrow combs and brushes out there, they may be a bit more, but are definitely worth it to pay the extra cost. I would only repurchase this brush if I really needed it and could seriously not afford anything else.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment