Friday, September 19, 2014

E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Bronzing Powder in Warm Tan

Hi everyone!

During one of two of my E.L.F. hauls that I had a while back I decided to try the E.L.F. Bronzer because I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my beloved MAC Bronzer that I could use more frequently without spending $25.00 plus. I think I might have picked the wrong bronzer because I got it in warm tan thinking that it would give me a bronzed look without looking fake/orange/dirt, but I was wrong. I have only worn this bronzer a couple of times because something was off about it. The first time I applied this bronzer it looked like I had orange dirt on my face. So I tried a different technique in the application by going lighter when applying and I got it to look somewhat normal. I think that this bronzer has too much glitter/shimmer in it for me. I would definitely advise using this E.L.F. Bronzing Powder in Warm Tan in a very delicate/light application with the brush. I would definitely tap it before applying too. I think that this bronzer has potential to be good and can be used normally if you apply lightly.

Whoa... I just went on the official eyeslipsface.com website and I could not find this product on there. They have bronzers, but none of the ones that look like mine. I'm kind of surprised, but I'm kind of glad that this specific one is gone because it was kind of bad. They do carry E.L.F. Essentials Bronzer in a different case with a brush. The names are different than the one I have also. I am going to assume this product was discontinued.

*Fair warning: the E.L.F. Bronzing Powder in Warm Tan appears to have been discontinued. *

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 6/10
Application: 6/10
Texture: 6/10
Different skin types: 7/10
Longevity: 10/10
Overall rating: 6.5/10
Would I repurchase: 1/10
Total rating: 72.5/100=72.5%=C

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D

Comments:
I don't remember exactly how much I paid for this bronzer, but it must have between $2.00 and $3.00. That is not a bad price for a bronzer. I have no complaints about the price at all. The packaging is pretty cute because it has a clear round plastic case with a metal pan inside. I think the idea of it is cute and I have not had any issues with the packaging breaking or falling out. I think for the price you get a decent amount of product. This product has pigment, but not in a good way. You either get too much pigment or not enough. It could be cause I should have gone lighter, but it looks orange on my skin and looks like I put orange dirt on my face. It has way too much shimmer in it to be taken seriously. Shimmer galore! It's way too much shimmer for a bronzer. The application is uneven because you either get too much product or not enough product. When you get too much product it is difficult to blend it out to make it look normal. It does not go on smoothly and evenly. In the pan the product feels rough like there are tiny chunks of something in there. The product itself feels a bit grainy. I would not use this product on dry skin because it is very unforgiving. The tons of shimmer would draw attention to the dry patches and would dry the skin out even more. Once this product is applied it does last quite a bit. I have never had any issues with it rubbing off too easily. In fact, it is quite the opposite, where it is difficult to get this product off and even to blend this product out. Overall this product is not very good. There is way too much shimmer and it is a bit difficult to work with. I was not a fan of the product and I am still not a fan of the product. I do not want my face to look like an orange pumpkin that got sprayed with glitter. I don't need help in looking silly. I will say that if you are looking for a Halloween customer makeup this product would have been absolutely perfect for that! If I could repurchase this product I probably would not. I would look else where to see what other brands have to offer when it comes to bronzer.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment