Monday, September 22, 2014

E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Studio Stipple Brush

Hey everyone!

On one of my E.L.F. hauls a few years ago I went brush buying crazy. I ended up buying the E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Studio Stipple Brush. I had been watching Youtube videos and around that time a lot of people were raving about stipple brushes. I liked the idea of them. So when E.L.F. came out with their version of the stipple brush I had to try it! I was so excited that I bought 2 at the same time because I wanted to make sure I had a backup for it. I was so excited, but when they arrived, I was a bit disappointed because the brush did not look like the brushes I had seen other people use. The E.L.F. brush had long very fluffy bristles when I was expecting short stiff bristles. I was going to use the stipple brush to stipple liquid foundation on my face, but this brush would be an absolute nightmare to try to use for that. I ended up using this brush to apply the E.L.F. HD Finishing Powder and the L'Oreal Mineral Finish in powder. It works great for finishing powders.

I checked the official eyeslipsface.com website and it looks like they have since make some changes to this brush and added another version of this brush called the Small Stipple Brush, which appears to have what I was looking for a few years ago that they did not have. It appears that they made the stipple brush less fluffy than the ones I have.

*Fair warning #1: the E.L.F. Studio Stipple Brush appears to have gone through some changes from the product talked about in this blog.*

*Fair warning #2: the E.L.F. Studio Stipple Brush is not what I think of when I hear stipple brush. My idea of a stipple brush is one with short, stiff bristles. This brush has fluffy, long bristles that would be better used with powder makeup. If you want a stipple brush for applying liquid foundation then this is not the brush for you. *

 

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Quality: 9/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Design: 6/10
Bristle Fallout: 8/10
Bristle feeling: 10/10
Blending ability: 7/10
Overall rating: 6/10
Would I repurchase: 5/10
Total rating: 91/110=82.72%=82.7%=B

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D

Comments:
I am pretty sure that I paid $3.00 for this brush and according to the eyeslipsface.com website they are still selling it for $3.00 which I don't have any complaints with the price. The E.L.F. Studio line's brushes have a bit thicker black handles with a black plastic holder. I'm not sure what kind of bristles they use for their Essential and their Studio brushes. These brushes look better in quality than the E.L.F. Essentials brushes and they used different bristles. I have had these brushes for a couple of years and I use them fairly regularly to apply finishing powder. I have not had any issues with the brushes breaking after washing. The tips of the brush are stained from the makeup a bit, but that is to be somewhat expected. I have not had any issues with the application. In fact, I really like how this brush uses the fluffy ends to spread the product evenly and smoothly. The fluffy ends are super soft. The design of the brush is the reason why I am so unhappy with this brush. As I stated above I was expecting it to be the stippling brush which to me means short, stiff bristles that can be used to apply liquid foundation. This brush has fluffy long bristles that cannot be used to apply liquid foundation. I would only use this brush to apply powder makeup products. This brush does have some fallout when applying makeup and when washing, but not as bad as the E.L.F. Essentials brushes. I love the bristles on this brush. They are super soft and seem like they would be good for even super sensitive skin. I really like the way the bristles feel. I think that this brush blends super well, but only if you are using powder makeup. If you use liquid or cream it does not work as well. The brush picks up and takes off liquid makeup and with liquid makeup the brush has fallout. For the reasons stated in the above paragraphs as well as in this one I would personally not repurchase this brush for a stipple brush. I would repurchase this brush to apply finishing powder because the long fluffy bristles help to spread the powder. The answer for this question is yes and no. Yes, I would repurchase to use this brush for other reasons and no, I would not repurchase this brush because it is not my idea of a stipple brush. I wish they would change the name of it so I can review it better without it being confusing.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment