Friday, September 12, 2014

Japonesque Salon Collection Eye Shadow Brush

Hey everyone!


Today I am bringing you a single eye shadow brush that I bought from Walgreens at the same time as I bought the Studio 35 brushes which was quite a few years ago. I bought this brush separately because the Studio 35 package that I bought had 4 double ended brushes, but on the packaging none of them said that it included an eye shadow brush so I bought one. I don't remember the brand that it is, but on the brush it says, "SALON COLLECTION." I put in the search bar, salon collection brush, and it brought me to another beauty bloggers page for Japonesque and the picture for the product looks exactly like the one I have. The brush handle is a very pale yellow/off white with the words on there with a coppery attachment. The bristles look very similar too. Walgreens does sell Japonesque makeup tools, but it looks like they don't sell their brushes anymore. I am going to assume that the brand name of the product is Japonesque and it was part of their Salon Collection. They were selling the eye shadow brush as a single.

*Fair warning: it appears that Walgreens still carries a few Japonesque makeup products, but not the brushes and this brush does not appear to be available anymore on the official Japonesque website. I think it is safe to say that this brush has been discontinued and/or changed packaging/name/etc.* 

 

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Quality: 9/10
Longevity: 9/10
Application: 9/10
Design: 10/10
Bristle fallout: 9/10
Bristle feeling: 9/10
Blending ability: 9/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I buy it again: 5/10
Total rating: 97/110=88.18%=88.2%=B

My personal rating: 8.5/10=85%=B

Comments:
I honestly do not recall how much I spent on this brush, but a few years ago people were saying it was around $9.00 for a Japonesque brush. I know that I definitely would not have paid $10.00 for one brush so I must have either caught it when it was on sale or it was between $6.00 and $8.00 for one brush. I do think that is a bit high for a drugstore makeup brush though. I think the packaging is well done because I have had this product for quite a while and I like the color combinations. It really stands out from my Studio 35 and E.L.F. brushes. I think the quality of the brush is very decent because as I've mentioned a few times that I have been using this brush for quite a while. It definitely has to be over 5 years so I would say somewhere between 5 and 10 years. In terms of quality it is a good price for it because it lasts a long time. I think this brush does a nice job on applying eye shadow, but I do feel that the brush does eat some of the eye shadow in the brush. I still think it applies the eye shadow smoothly and evenly to the eye lid. The design of the brush is that it is very small, but it gets the job done and because it is on the small side it does make it easier to work with. I have not noticed too much bristle fallout, but I have experienced a couple here and there. The bristles feel fairly soft on the skin without feeling too scratchy. I would say it feels a bit scratchy, but it doesn't leave marks on the skin and it's not too annoying. Someone with super sensitive skin might feel it a bit more, but overall I would classify it is fairly soft. I feel that this brush does a decent job on blending the eye shadows. I have not noticed any issues with it not blending or messing up the eye shadows too much. Overall this is not a bad brush to have in one's collection. I honestly am not sure if I would repurchase this product if I could because I am currently branching out to try other companies brushes, but I will definitely continue using mine for as long as I can.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment