Friday, September 26, 2014

MAC Splashproof Mascara in Blacksplash

Hi everyone!

A while back when I was doing my Macy's online MAC hauls I decided that I really wanted to try MAC's waterproof mascara because I was finding that the drugstore ones that say waterproof on them were okay and would last a couple of hours, but then would eventually start getting into my eyes, irritating my eyes, so I would rub them and smear all of my makeup. It was super frustrating! I decided that it was time to try a higher end waterproof mascara. I absolutely fell in love with it. I love the wand, I love that it actually is waterproof, and I love that it lasts a long time. This is the best mascara that I have ever tried. That being said I've only tried drugstore brands before this one. I already really like a lot of the MAC products that I have tried so far. When I discovered this mascara I was in awe. It was like, 'where have you been all my life?' type of moment. I'm just sad about the price.

NoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo! I just checked the official MAC website and I can't find this mascara under their mascara tab. I am going to cry. I love this mascara. I cannot believe it got discontinued. I should have bought like 100 of these. What a sad day...

*Fair warning: the MAC Splashproof Mascara in Blacksplash appears to have been discontinued.*

 

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Formula: 10/10
Eyelash Breakage/Fallout: 10/10
Wand: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Lengthening/Volumizing: 7/10
Overall product: 9/10
Would I repurchase: 3/10
Total rating: 108/120=90%=A

My personal rating: 9.5/10=95%=A

Comments:
I think a few years ago when I bought this mascara it was priced around $15.00. The current waterproof mascara they have is priced at $17.00. I'm going to say I paid between $15.00 and $17.00 for this mascara. I think that spending $15.00+ on mascara is a bit too much for what I can personally afford. The packaging of this product is round with a twist top cap that has a wand. The wand is straight, not like the curved ones they make now. I think that you get a decent amount of product and makes the price and quality of it worth it. This is my go to mascara when I know that I am going to be gone for a long time and/or it's a hot day and/or I will be participating in some activity then I will definitely use this. I trust this product to last through activity, sweat, and heat. I love the application of this product. The application is smooth, non-clumpy, and the wand, even though it's straight, does a really good job of grabbing the lashes and applying the product. You can put multiple coats on without it clumping up. I put on about 3 coats and it did just fine. I really like the wand. I don't know what they did to it, but this is the only wand that I have experienced where it does that. What ever formula they are using to make it waterproof and last works excellent. It doesn't irritate my eyes even when they water, it works well with my oily lids, and it lasts through the Summer heat. I have not personally experienced any eyelash breakage or fallout from using this mascara when applying, wearing, or taking off. I will continue to rave about this wand because from the first time I tried it to now, I love the way it grabs my lashes to apply the product. I cannot say enough about that. The one thing I would change about the wand is that it is straight instead of curved, but even without it being curved it does a wonderful job! The wand grabs enough product without being too much. The pigment of the mascara is strong. I have not had any issues with the pigment not being there. You can definitely see it. I do not feel that this mascara lengthens or volumizes the lashes, but it's not advertised to be as such, I bought it for it being specifically waterproof. I took a few points off because it definitely does not volumize the lashes. I think that it kind of lengthens the lashes because the wand grabs the lashes and does a really good job of going to the end of the lashes unlike some mascaras that don't. This product gives volume in the fact that it applies the product on the entire eyelash instead of some of it. It does a really good job of it. Overall this product does what it claims which is waterproof. I would definitely repurchase this mascara, but MAC decided to get rid of it so I can't which is why I had to give it such a low score =-(

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment