Monday, September 8, 2014

Covergirl Wetslicks Lip Gloss in #318 Honey Talks

Hi everyone!

In today's blog I am bringing a discontinued product that I believe just recently in the past year has been discontinued. I think I remember seeing it on the Covergirl website in a different packaging, but with the same name. I guess they got rid of the packaging and the name now. I've been wanting to do a review on it for a while, but didn't get a chance. So I'm doing it now.

*Fair Warning: the product in this blog seems to have been discontinued in packaging, lip product color, and product name.*


Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 7/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 9/10
Taste: 7/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Different lip types: 10/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I buy it again: 3/10
Total rating: 104/120=86.66%=86.7%=B

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments:
I honestly don't remember how much I paid for this product. It must have been some where between $4.00 and $7.00. I looked at Walmart.com and their current lip products are between that price range. I think it's a good price for this lipgloss. The packaging is cute and I have not noticed any problems with the product leaking out. I definitely think that you get a decent amount of product for the price. I was expecting it to be more pigmented than it is. It has a slight pale pink/tan-like pigment to it, but it's very subtle. It looks very glossy/shiny. I think that this lipgloss lasts about normal amount to other lipglosses. It's not going to last a super long time, but it doesn't advertise it as such so I can't complain. The lipgloss has a sweet flowery smell to it, but I think once applied to the lips you can't smell it. It's not overpowering, but I'm not sure if I like it or not because it does smell a bit chemically. This lipgloss does have a bit of a waxy/chemically taste to it. I feel like this lipgloss has a very nice smooth texture to it. It doesn't feel thick or heavy or sticky. I think that this product applies evenly and smoothly to the lips. I just applied it to my dry lips to test it and I didn't have any problems with the application. And this lip gloss is good for all different lip types from moisturized to dry. I do think that if you apply something underneath it like chapstick or primer then it is going to mute the slight tint even more. I think this is a cute lipgloss for a quick application for running errands where you want a little something, but not too much. This lipgloss would go great with dramatic eyes and a nude/muted lip. If it was available still I probably would not buy it again because I personally prefer my lip gloss to have more pigment like the MAC lipglosses so I would look for a lipgloss that provided a bit more pigment even for nude/muted lips. But that's just my personal preference. This is a great lipgloss and color as a go to for everyday.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment