Monday, September 29, 2014

E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Eye Lid Primer in Sheer

Hi everyone!

In today's blog I am bringing to you the E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Eye Lid Primer in sheer. I bought two of this product at the same time because they were small and I wanted it for everyday use. I am not a big fan of this eye lid primer because of the way it feels and I don't feel like it lasts a long time. I think this is a great product for quick errand runs, but I would not trust this product to last through a lot of activity, heat, sweat, or a long time, especially if you have super oily eye lids like I do. It is very difficult to find a good product for that. I think that if you use really good quality eye shadows that are highly pigmented that then this product works really well in lasting.

On the official eyeslipsface website, it appears that this product exists and has the same packaging as mine. I don't recall them having as many options for the colors to choose from for the eye lid primer because now they have Champagne, Pearl, and Golden. That is pretty cool that you get to decide what color of eye lid primer you want from these four options.

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Application: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Effect on eyeshadow: 7/10
Creasing: 7/10
Different types of eye lids: 7/10
Website description: 7/10
Overall product rating: 7/10
Would I repurchase: 8/10
Total rating: 100/120=83.33%=83.3%=B

My personal rating: 8/10=80%=B

Comments:
The price of this eye lid primer is $1.00 which is amazing because you cannot find an eye lid primer for that price. The packaging is cute because it starts wide at the top and slims down as it gets to the other end. Inside the cap it includes a doe foot applicator brush to apply the product with. I have not had any problems with the packaging leaking the product out. Even though you don't get a lot of product in general, I do think that for the price you do get a decent amount of product. I think the longevity of the eye lid primer depends on what activities you are going to be doing, how hot it is, how sweaty you are, and how long you want this product to last for. I would use this eye lid primer for short events and/or errands. I find myself on important things using the MAC paint pots because I trust them better than this product. The application of the product is smooth and even. I have not had any problems with the application of this product. I think that this product has a slight smell to it, but it's so slight that you can barely smell it. Once applied to the eye lids you definitely cannot smell it. I'm not sure what to think about the effect this eye lid primer has on the eye shadow because without this eye lid primer the eyeshadow has more pigment and with this eye lid primer the pigment is dulled a bit, but the shimmer in the eye shadow really stands out. I also feel like the eye lid primer shows my lines and cracks in my skin which then makes the eye shadow appear to not have applied smoothly. The eye lid primer did make the eye shadow easier to blend out if you were doing a smokey eye because without the eye lid primer it's a bit harder to blend the eye shadow out. It definitely has it's pros and cons and really depends on what look you are trying to achieve. I feel that once again with this eye lid primer it depends on how high of quality eye shadows you are using with this product, but after a few hours this eye lid primer does start to crease the eye shadows on me, probably because I have super oily lids so it starts breaking down quicker and easier. As I have mentioned throughout this blog I do not feel that this product works well on super oily lids. I'm not sure I would use this eye lid primer on dry eye lids either because it will bring out the dryness of the skin into focus and because this eye lid primer is drying, it will further dry out your eye lids. I think that this eye lid primer would work really well with normal to normal-slightly oily eye lids. Dry eye lids and oily eye lids I would caution to use for everyday use, for running quick errands, etc. I agree with the website description that it does make the eye lids smoother and that it feels lightweight on the eye lids. I disagree with the website description that it is longer-lasting, crease proof, and increases eye color longevity. Overall I feel that this is a good eye primer for quick runs and for those with normal to normal-slightly oily lids. I would repurchase this eye lid primer for the price and for everyday use where I want to wear some light makeup, but where I don't need it to last.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment