Thursday, September 18, 2014

E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Professional Foundation Brush

Hey everyone!

In today's blog I am bringing to you the E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Professional Foundation brush. I bought this brush because I wanted to try other foundation brushes than the Studio 35 foundation brush that I had. Plus I was in the brush buying mood and decided to try the E.L.F. one.

On the actual brush handle it says, E.L.F. Professional Foundation Brush, but on the actual eyeslipsface.com website they have it listed under E.L.F. Essential Brushes and call it the E.L.F. Essential Foundation brush. That is a bit confusing, but they appear to be the same brush, it looks the same, and in the picture it says the same thing on my brush as the picture.

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Quality: 6/10
Longevity: 7/10
Application: 9/10
Design: 10/10
Bristle fallout: 7/10
Bristle feeling: 9/10
Blending ability: 9/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I repurchase: 10/10
Total rating: 95/110=86.36%=86.4%=B

My personal rating: 8/10=80%=B

Comments:
The price for this brush is $1.00. Honestly, I don't think that you can find a brush for that price from any other brand. It is very well priced and can be affordable for a lot of people. I love the price! The packaging is cute. It has a white pearl/shiny handle, with silver writing, with a silver bristle holder. I had to give it a low score for quality because this particular brush only had a couple of uses before the bristle holder detached itself from the handle while I was washing it. I have been using the broken brush because I can stick it back on there, but it did fall off and it does make the foundation brush harder to use. I also gave it a low score on quality because this brush has a lot of bristle fallout. The quality of this specific brush is not up to par to the other brushes. I had to knock a few points off on longevity because I had only used it a few times and the first time I washed it the bristle holder fell off the handle. The brush itself has lasted a couple of years which is good, especially for the price of the product. I think that the application is good for this brush. It needs a bit more work with the brush to get it blended out to make the foundation not look streaky, but it is able to be blended enough to not look streaky. I just think that with this brush you have to know how to blend well in order to use it because it's not as forgiving as some other foundation brushes. The design of the brush is good. It looks just like any other foundation brush. I will be honest that I'm not sure why it is designed the way it is, but I assume it is for a purpose. This brush does have a bit of a fallout problem when applying and when washing the brush. I feel like this brush has more fallout than the other brushes I have. I feel that the brushes bristles feel a bit stiff, but do have some movement in them which is good because with applying foundation the bristles need a bit of flexibility. I do think that the bristles are soft, but with extra sensitive skin it might be a bit stiff. I think this brush does a good job of blending the foundation in, but I feel it's a bit less forgiving than other brushes so it does require a bit of work. Overall this is a good cheap foundation brush for everyday use. I would definitely repurchase this brush because of the price!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment