Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Lip Monthly September 2014

Hi everyone!

 


I am super excited! I got my very first Lip Monthly bag yesterday =-D I will be honest that I was debating on whether I wanted to open my very first bag in front of a camera or not. I decided that I was going to wait, but by 3:30PM I just couldn't hold myself back anymore. I have decided to open it to check it out before I do a video on it. I will also be honest in saying that I tried to sign up for Ipsy first, but I am currently waitlisted and have been for almost a month so I decided that I would sign up for Lip Monthly while I wait on Ipsy. I am still debating on whether I am going to continue Lip Monthly if I get off Ipsy's waitlist. I signed up for the 4 month subscription because if you sign up for 4 months at the same time then they give a discount of the first bag costing only $2.99. I paid a total of $32.99 for 4 months. I heard about Ipsy first back around January 2014. I heard about Lip Monthly some time after and I will admit that I was curious because I am a huge lip gloss fan and always have been! It definitely caught my interest. I think I am going to really enjoy it for the next few months =-D

Lip Monthly:

 -it costs $10.00 a month
-is a makeup subscription service that is aimed at lip products (lip balms, lipsticks, lip glosses, lip liners, lip pencils, lip crayons, etc.
-they usually include 3-4 lip products and 1 beauty product that is not necessarily lip related
-they offer subscription services in intervals of monthly, 4 months, and 1 year subscriptions
-currently there is no waitlist, as long as you sign up before the first of the following month you will get a bag  (i.e. I signed up August 23, 2014 and I got my bag September 15, 2014)
-you get full sized lip products 

Bag Overview:

I heard from people on Youtube that Lip monthly used to send their products in a box, but recently Lip Monthly has switched to a really cute teal makeup bag that says LIPMONTHLY on it with pink lips. It is super cute! The bag itself is actually a lot bigger than I was expecting it to be. The bag smells a bit funky, like a bit plastic/chemically.

I unzipped my bag and the first thing I saw were the products. I had to dig a little bit to find the card that they put in there that introduced the bag. The semi-theme for September 2014 bag is Fall is here. But I do not feel this bag is Fall themed at all. I don't know if September is just a filler month because Summer is ending/Fall is starting or since this is my first bag they just threw filler items in it. I'm honestly a bit confused. I heard they were going to start doing themes with their bags, but I don't know if they have started doing that yet. I would say not.

On one side the card reads, "Dear Lip Lovers, Fall is here! We've lined up a unique variety of items this month that you'll love. This month we've included 3 lip products as well as a nail polish and a moisturizer. We feel the nail polish will compliment your lip items from this month and previous months. Your moisturizer is a great goodie to have as fall approaches =-)" On the other side of the card it lists the products and the retail prices.



List of Products:
Makeup by Cherimoya Lip Crayon in Coral $8.00
Eco Lips Lip Balm (organic) in Kiwi-Strawberry $3.49
Makeup by Cherimoya Retractable Waterproof Lip and Eye Liner in #24 Latte $3.99
Jessie's Girl Nail Polish by Julie G in #70169 Anthony $3.99
Purlisse Pur-Moist Hydra-Balance Daily Moisturizer for Normal-Dry, Sensitive-Anti-aging $18.00

I will say that I was a bit disappointed when I first went through my products because I only got 3 lip products and 2 other makeup products. From what I have seen from other people on youtube they have only received 1 non-lip product and I got 2 non-lip products. It's not that big of a deal, but they do say you get 1 non-lip product. Oh well. I'm also and more disappointed in the fact that the card said Hello Fall, but none of the colors really represent Fall. I got a lip crayon and nail polish in a Summery coral colors. I'm not a big fan of lip balms. I am super excited to try the lip crayon and the lip/eye liner. I think Lip Monthly must have read some of my blogs because them sending the lip/eye liner pretty much saved the entire bag this month. I love retractable eye/lip liners. I don't know why, but I do! I think it's because I hate dealing with the whole sharpening thing. I am beyond ecstatic that they gave me a waterproof one because if it was not waterproof I would not be able to use it as an eye liner. I can only use waterproof mascara and eye liners on my eyes.

September 2014 Bag Pros:

-I love that it comes in a bag and the bag is super cute
-I am super excited to try the lip crayon
-I am super excited that I got a retractable waterproof lip liner in what looks like a really pretty color
-I did some research on the nail polish and someone named Julie G on Youtube partnered with Jessie's Girl to create nail polish that is supposed to be good, but I do wish it was in a more Fall than Summer color
-It was definitely worth the $2.99 that I paid for it with the discount for a 4 month subscription

September 2014 Bag Cons:

-The welcome card said Fall, but none of the colors represent Fall
-The bag is not themed or did not follow the Fall theme with its color selection
-I only got 3 actual lip products and I got two non-lip products
-I got a face daily moisturizer in a trial size, but it is a decent trial size with 0.5 tube 


Overall it's not bad for a first bag. I am super excited about a couple of the products. I cannot wait to try it. I do hope that I don't get two none lip products in my next bags. I have been reading here and there on their facebook page and they are apparently in the process of making a lot of changes in the coming months.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment