Thursday, September 25, 2014

E.L.F. (EyesLipsFace) Natural Lash Kit

Hi everyone!

A while back when I did one of my two E.L.F. hauls I decided to purchase some false lashes because they were really cheap which is why I decided to try them. I have never worn or purchased false lashes before. I figured I would start and learn on some cheap ones, but for these being my very first false lashes, I actually really enjoyed them. I bought two sets of the E.L.F. Natural Lash kit that are Natural Looking Lush Lashes in Black Lashes. When I first looked at the lashes in the packaging, I was kind of shocked because to me, they do not look natural. I thought they looked like they would look unnatural on me, but I was very pleasantly surprised when I did try them. I like them a lot!

I just went on the official E.L.F. website and it appears that they still sell these, exactly the same and with the same looking glue, but the outside packaging changed colors. It went from being white and looking like a black color smudged to one side being dark brown and fading into white. I'm not sure why they changed the packaging.

*Fair warning: it appears that the outside packaging has changed colors.*

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 8/10
Longevity: 8/10
Amount: 8/10
Eyelash glue: 9/10
Eyelash feeling: 8/10
Taking off eyelashes: 8/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I repurchase: 10/10
Total rating: 77/90=85.55%=85.6%=B

My personal rating: 9/10= 90%=A

Comments:
The price of these lashes are only $1.00 which is absolutely perfect for those who are just starting out and need to use these for practice or more seasoned false eye lash wearers could get use out of these. The packaging is cute, but definitely cheap. They use a box with a clear film to see the eye lashes inside. When you pull the packaging out of the box there is a cheap plastic container that is shaped like an eye with the eye lash wrapped around it and the glue is on the bottom in a little holder. The tray design allows for the lashes to be put back so that they hold their shape for reuse. I like the glue because it has a twist cap for reuse and when you pull it up there is a long wand that the glue sticks to so you can easily apply the glue to the false eye lash line or you can use the wand to apply the glue to your face. For it costing only $1.00 for the whole thing I can't be too harsh on the packaging. They seem like they tried to make it cute. The longevity of these false eyelashes is that you can reuse these false lashes or because they are so cheap you can purchase multiple of these. I can get a couple of uses out of them. I would say that the longevity of the glue is that it does last for a few hours. I'm not sure I would trust these to last very long, especially if participating in activity and if you have super oily lids like mine. For the amount of this product you get two false eyelashes (one for each eye) and a tiny little glue tube. I think you could get about 5-10 glue uses out of it because it does not take a lot of glue to get the product onto the eye. I wish they would have given a bit more glue to get more use out of it and the packaging does allow for a longer glue tube. The sad thing is that you can't just buy the glue separately like you can with the false eyelashes so once it's gone, you have to repurchase  the eyelash kit. Speaking of the eyelash glue, it is not a bad glue. The glue is clear so it applies clear and dries clear so that you don't have to deal with that. The glue feels a bit tacky, but once applied and given the chance to dry the tacky feeling goes away. This product isn't advertised to last a long time so I think the glue holds for a few hours. I would say about 2-5 hours, depending on the activity level. The glue is actually a lot better than I was expecting it to be, especially for the price. These false lashes feel pretty comfortable. I was not expecting that either. When I first put them on I could feel that there was something on my eyes, but after a couple of minutes that feeling goes away and they do feel pretty comfortable. I like how these eyelashes have movement because then they don't feel stiff and they don't feel too plastic like, but they are a bit too easily to bend. Being easy to bend is a good and bad thing, in my opinion. It can be good because then you can use a lash curler and it makes it easier with the mascara, but it can be a bad thing because these don't seem to hold the curl. I like how these false lashes have a very thin lash line. I'm not sure why, but I do, probably because then it's easier to hide that these are false lashes. The glue does a good job of unsticking when taking these off. It does pull on the skin, but it doesn't hurt. It doesn't appear to take any actual eyelashes with it. Overall, these are really good eyelashes to practice with and to wear for a few hours while running errands. I would definitely repurchase these false eyelashes.

I am not a false eyeshadow pro so I don't have a lot of experience to it, but for starters these seem like a good fit.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment