Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Hair Update 10/04/2016

Hi makeup lovers!


A while ago I talked about the product L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Multi-Restorative Dry Oil for normal to fine hair. I'm pretty sure that I did not rave about this product. I bought 2 of this type, one of another type, and a hair mask from my local Walgreens. They were having some kind of sale and I probably had coupons or something. At that time I was super desperate and this product came out and it was on sale so I had to jump on it! No ifs, ands or buts about it! My hair was super dry, super breakable, super falling out although now I am convinced it was a actual breakage fallout than actual falling out which makes me super happy. When I was younger I used to have super-super-super oily hair. I also used to have oily skin and body too. I did not realize when I was younger how lucky I was to have super oily hair because it meant that it took care of itself and I didn't have to do much work except wash it every couple of days. I was getting older, turning 25 and I think I did start going through some hormonal changes around that time, and I died my hair twice in two weeks and that sent my hair into a tail spin of super dry, super breakable, and I really thought my hair was falling out. I thought I was going to be bald by 30. I was uberly depressed. I tried everything. I tried Organix, I tried dry/damaged hair by Fructis, I tried a lot. When this semi-cheap product came out I was like whoa, this might be what I need. It seemed like the answer to my prayers. Unfortunately, I had no idea what I was doing around that time and I had no idea how to use the product. I have figured out how to use the product to work with my hair specifically. I don't think this is how the product is meant to be used, but to help others out there going through a similar thing that I went through and may need some help, I thought I would share what I did.

The first bottle and the mask, which I thought I tried twice because after I ran out of the first hair mask I went and bought another one because even though it wasn't doing exactly what I wanted, I did feel that it helped. It was on a different sale at my local Walgreens the hair mask was on sale by itself for $3.99 each. After using it the second time, I stopped buying it all together.

I remembered reading on other blogs and maybe even seen some Youtube videos of females talking about how they stopped using shampoo and just used the conditioner and after a month or so their hair was not dried out and it felt softer and stuff. I had nothing to lose, I had to try it and see if it worked. I did it for a month and I'm like, "this is worthless. It's not working. I should just go back to using shampoo." But after a couple months, probably up to 3 for me to really start noticing, but I did feel like my hair started bringing some oil back, it felt softer, was easier to work with, stopped breakage/fallout, and things were starting to look up. I think I started that really late last year or really early this year. I'm sorry I don't remember. I know it's been under a year. It was fairly recent. I want to say maybe before or around March 2016.

Honestly, I have not used shampoo in my hair in at least 6-7 months. It saves money and my hair seems to appreciate me not using shampoo in it.

The Two Products Talked About and Used:

L'Oreal Paris Total Repair 5 Multi-Restorative Dry Oil
Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Conditioner

How I Used the Products:


The way that I discovered how to use this product was kind of an accident. One day I was sitting on the bed combing my hair when I found a half bottle left of this product. I thought, "Oh, this oil could help me get the tangles out of my hair." So I applied the product to my hand and some on the comb and ran my hands and the comb through my hair. I decided to leave the product in my hair to see what would happen because I thought maybe the product would stimulate the oils in my head to maybe come out naturally like they once used to. That's what my initial thought was. I really thought that if I left the oil in my hair it would help attract natural oils. I don't want to say that it 100% did or didn't, but it was definitely not like it used to. I also did try the whole massaging the head to see if that would stimulate the natural oils. I didn't do it very often, but to me, it didn't seem to work. That was my thought and that is where I was kind of coming from. Then I got busy because my husband was coming home so I had to make dinner and we ate. I decided to just leave it in overnight. The next day I washed my hair, I'm pretty sure with only the conditioner and I noticed that my hair didn't feel dried out after I did that. I was like, whoa... What the heck is going on? Because if I used the product for a half hour or an hour and then used shampoo and conditioner, even the moisture ones, my hair would still come out on the dry side. But using the oil and leaving it in for a few hours and then using a moisturizing conditioner helped my hair to not feel dried out or look frizzy and I started noticing less fallout which is how I started figuring out the majority of the fallout I was experiencing was from my hair breaking. Everything started coming together. I noticed that my hair would stay soft, moisturized, easy to work with, and little to no fallout for a few days at a time.

I am going to give these products credit in helping me figure out what I was doing. I think the products do help and I would recommend using them, but I think it's more of how I use the product that has helped me breathe life back into my hair. I am beyond excited! There are probably better products out there that I could and should be using that would help even more, but I'm just so happy I am starting to figure out the solution. Once a month or as needed, I put the L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Multi-Restorative Dry Oil for normal to fine hair in my hair, leave it in for a few hours to overnight, and then wash it out with the Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Conditioner. I also let my hair dry naturally. My hair looks and feel hydrated and soft and it lasts up to 3 days. Then I just continue washing my hair with the Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Conditioner. When I notice my hair starts drying out I follow the steps again. I have two products that I use together that seem to be giving me the results that I am seeking.

Directions:

Once a month or as needed:
Put L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Multi-Restorative Dry oil in hair
Leave in for a few hours to overnight
Wash hair with Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Conditioner

Weekly:
Wash the hair once or twice a week with the Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Conditioner and continue using the moisturizing conditioner

I am not going to say that shampoo is horrible and that no one should use it ever, I just know the results that I got when I stopped using shampoo. My hair does seem to hold in moisture more which then has positive results that I am seeking. But a heads up is that it does take a few months, up to 3 months, to figure out if it works with your hair or not. If you would like to give it a try the option is there. If you are trying to figure out something with your hair, keep trying, keep testing products, try using the product differently than directions when applicable and eventually you will accidentally stumble upon the solution that works for you! Don't give up =-)

I hope this helps those who are struggling with dry hair!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment