Wednesday, October 12, 2016

L'Oreal Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Frizz Taming Serum

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be reviewing the L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Frizz Taming Serum with Oleo-Keratin 72 Hours smooth frizz control. High shine, anti-humidity, intense serum for all hair types. I have had this product since I bought with the sale of all the other L'Oreal advanced haircare products of the dry oil and the hair mask. I think I used it a few times because I had a lot of hair breakage so I had little pieces of hair that would fly around and look silly so I bought this product to kind of mat the flyaway hairs down. I recently found it and started trying it out again. I put it in my hair and I think I put too much of it in my hair because my hair looked oily wet. Next time I am definitely not going to use as much. When I first applied it I didn't mind the smell because it smells like soap, but as it sat in my hair, I started getting sick every time I got a smell of this product. It starts smelling like chemicals. There is no other way to describe it. The smell was very strong and very offensive. I think this a fairly inexpensive product that gets the job done.

Description of Product:

According to the L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Frizz Taming Serum the description of the product is: instantly polishes and smooths frizz, strand by strand, while creating a humidity barrier to help block-out frizz and lock-in-shine. Tames even out of control frizz.

Directions:

After using Smooth Intense Shampoo and Conditioner, apply 1-2 pumps to damp hair and distribute evenly. Style as usual. On dry hair, use a small amount to smooth fly aways and add shine. Do not rinse. 

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Smell: 7/10
Texture: 9/10
Longevity: 10/10
Frizz control: 10/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Would I repurchase: 7/10
Total rating: 79/90=87.77%=87.8%=B

My personal rating: 8/10=80%=B

Comments:
I bought this hair product as part of a deal that my local Walgreens was having, but I don't remember exactly what it was.  According to the official L'Oreal Paris website and Walgreens website, the product is between $6.79 and $6.99 each. I don't think that is a terrible price, especially when you see some other hair product prices. Yikes! If you can find it as part a good deal where each product is like $3-$4 each then that's even  better. The packaging is cute and holds the product. I have not experienced any product leakage or anything. It comes with a pink pump on top to get the product out. The design is sleek. I think that you get a decent amount of product. The packaging reads 3.4 fluid ounces. You can definitely get a lot of uses it out of it when you use it the right way unlike me when I doused my hair in the product. The texture of the product is a bit on the thick side, but smooth. When applied to hair it doesn't feel thick or heavy, but it does smooth out hair and mats down flyaways. When the product dries in the hair it does feel like you have something in your hair, but it's not obnoxious or overly noticeable. This product lasts a long time with no problems. The product does dry in the hair, but you can still smell it and it still flattens flyaways. I wore it in my hair overnight and it worked all night. I woke up in the morning with no hair sticking up or out. Once the product is in the hair it stays in the hair until you wash it out. I think this product controls frizz and flyaways  very well. As I said above I slept with it in my hair overnight and I woke up in the morning with smooth hair with no flyaways. Overall, for the price and how the product works I have no major complaints. The only complaint I do have is that when you initially put the product in your hair it smells strong, but like soap. Like you just took a shower. But once the product wears in the hair it starts smelly strongly of chemicals and to the point that I almost puked every time I could smell it. Ugh. Word of advice: use a small amount. Do not douse your hair in this product. I would purchase this product and especially if my local Walgreens does a deal on this product.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment