Thursday, October 6, 2016

Lip Monthly, October 2014: Starlooks Lip Sugar

Hi makeup lovers!


In today's blog I am going to be talking about the beauty items I received from Lip Monthly for the month of October 2014. Lip Monthly is a beauty subscription service for $10.00 a month. If you sign up for multiple months at a time you get the first bag for $2.99 or $5.99 and then $10.00 each for the following months. I ended up spending a total of about $35.00.

In today's blog I am going to be talking about Starlooks Lip Sugar. I had previously heard of Starlooks because I got a Starlooks lip gloss in another box or bag. I was familiar with the name of the brand. I was excited about the product and I couldn't wait to try it! This is my first time reviewing a lip scrub so please bear with me! Thanks.

Description:

Starlooks Lip Scrub: the secret to a perfect nude lip is prepping your lips properly. Nothing will ruin that perfect look like dry and loose skin. Prep your lips with this scrub by gently patting the product in.
There is no price listed.

Rating:

Price: 0/10
Package: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Exfoliating: 10/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I purchase: 0/10
Total ratings: 69/90=76.66%=76.7%=C

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments:
The Lip Monthly insert did not tell me the price and I could not find the product at all on the official Starlooks website! The packaging is super cute. It is a clear round case that is clear on the bottom so you can see through it to see the product. On top there is a sticker that reads, "Starlooks Lip Sugar." Its simple, but cute. For a sample size you actually get a lot, it will last through quite a few uses, especially since you only need to use a little. I would say this is probably regular size according to Starlooks because they carry packages on the smaller side. This lip sugar smells super sweet and like molasses. It smells and looks exactly like brown sugar. I honestly would not be surprised if they just put brown sugar in the container. It's a dupe for brown sugar! The product tastes really sweet like real sugar. The texture of this lip sugar exfoliater is grainy and if you rub too hard it can hurt, but honestly I am used to exfoliaters that are grainy and rough to get the dry skin off. I'm okay with that. I rubbed this lip sugar exfoliater into my lips and my lips felt smoother and ready for lip products. I definitely think that it works! My lips feel really smooth. Overall, this is a cute packaged product that is simple and exfoliates lips to create a smooth canvas to apply lip products to and I think as simple as it is it definitely does the job. If I knew the price of the product and if it was able to be purchased I probably would because if they used actual brown sugar then I would totally purchase. But without knowing the price or where to purchase I am not able.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment