Monday, October 10, 2016

IPSY, November 2014: TEMPTU S/B Highlighter in Pink Pearl

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be talking about products I got through the beauty subscription service called IPSY for November 2014. IPSY is a $10.00 a month beauty subscription service where you get 5 sample or deluxe sample sizes. The products range from hair to face to brushes to eye shadow to lipsticks to eye liners to mascaras to face washes. I have to give them credit, they do have a lot of variety of beauty products to try out. They also seem to carry many different brands from low end to medium to high end.

In today's blog I am going to be reviewing the TEMPTU S/B [Silicone Based] Highlighter in Pink Pearl. I have never heard of this brand, but I'm excited to try it. I wasn't very excited about getting a highlighter because I don't use highlighters on my face. I think highlighters look beautiful on other people, but on me, I would just look like a disco ball. At least I wouldn't be scary looking, lol. I just don't see it looking good on me and I don't see me using this product. I might be wrong though because when I first put the product on it appeared really white, but as it has sat on my skin, it turned into a light pink color so it doesn't look harshly white... this might be a very surprising product. A light pink glow would look a lot better on my skin color and tone than a harsh flat white highlighter. This is my first time reviewing a highlighter so please bear with me!

IPSY does not provide descriptions of product or prices.

RATING:

Price: 3/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 7/10
Application: 7/10
Longevity: 6/10
Texture: 10/10
Smell: 9/10
Highlighting: 6/10
Different skin types: 6/10
Overall rating: 6/10
Would I purchase: 0/10
Total rating: 70/110=63.63%=63.6%=D

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D

Comments:
According to the official Temptu website this product costs $29.50 for 1.0 fluid ounces. My MAC foundations are 1 fluid ounce for $28.00 so, yes, I definitely think that this price for a highlighter is way too much. I don't wear highlighters because I feel they make me look silly and I would definitely not spend anywhere near $29.50 for a highlighter. Yikes! I would save that money and buy MAC products, lol. The packaging is simple, but cute. The cap twists on and off and you squeeze the bottle to get the product out. I think that you do get a lot of product and would definitely be able to get a decent amount of uses out of it. The application of this product is smooth and even. In the bottle the product appears white with a slight baby pink color in it, but when I apply it to my face the product turns from white to pink and honestly gets lost on my red face. I should be able to still see the highlight I would think. I can't even tell that I am wearing a highlighter... It like completely disappears... when I rub the area I put it on I can feel there is something there, but I can't see the baby pink or the highlight... On the website this product is described as long lasting, but it takes a while to dry on my skin, but eventually it does. It dries quicker over liquid foundation. The baby pink color shows up over the Covergirl Trublend foundation in #410 classic ivory and over L'Oreal Bare Naturale gentle mineral powder. Word of advice is don't wear this product over mineral powder because this product wipes the mineral powder off and even though you can kind of see the light baby pink color, the shimmer isn't there. On the liquid Covergirl trublend foundation the color is difficult to see, but in certain light you can see the highlight. I would recommend wearing this product over a liquid foundation, probably a long wearing one so that it can dry so you can apply this product on top of it. Another word of advice is the highlight eventually starts fading as it dries on the liquid foundation, but you have to put it up to the light to actually see it. Otherwise it just blends in. The longevity of this product does not exist over mineral powder and liquid foundation. I let it dry for at least 5 minutes and I was able to wipe the product off easily. I would say that the longevity of this product would probably be better if used with a long wearing liquid foundation. The texture is wet, but smooth and when it dries it doesn't feel sticky or anything. The product doesn't weight down. I'm not sure why but this product to me smells a little bit like alcohol. Like a slight citrus alcoholic beverage. I'm not sure if that is what it is supposed to be, but that's the only way I can describe it. The smell is strong for a few seconds with initial application but then fades away. When it goes from the white wet mixture to a powdered mixture the smell to me smells like ashes or something. It's not good, but it's not offensive because it's not strong and it's on your face. This highlighter heavily depends on what type of foundation you are using to decide whether the light baby pink color is going to show up or not and if the highlight is going to show up or not. I would say this product is not recommend for any skin type from oily to dry to normal to combination. This is a pretty bad product. I would guess that this highlighter might look better on a tan or darker skin tone, not on a pasty white person like me, but don't blend it out because then the color and highlight fade out. Kind of tap it on your face where you want the product and maybe let it dry. Originally when I saw this product turned from white to pink I thought it was cute and that it might work for me, but it doesn't at all. Overall, I was not excited about this product because I don't wear highlighters, but I decided to test this product out since I got a sample of it and I am not a fan at all. It is definitely not worth the $29.50 for it. It doesn't go with my skin color, my skin tone, my dry cheeks, it doesn't go with my anything really. I can honestly say that I would never buy this specific product and definitely not for that price! I gave this product a chance and this product has made me want to stay away from highlighters forever!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment