Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Lip Monthly, November 2014: NYC Expert Last Lipstick in #443 Purple Crush

HI!


In today's blog I am going to be reviewing products I received in my beauty subscription service called Lip Monthly for November 2014. Lip Monthly is a beauty subscription service that is $10.00 a month and focuses on lip products. They used to give 3-4 lip products and 1 non-lip product. I am not sure if they still do that or not, but I did notice that they went from giving 5 products to now giving 4 products in each bag.

In today's blog I am going to be reviewing NYC [N.Y.C.- New York Color] Expert Last Lipstick in #443 Purple Crush. I am familiar with NYC lip products so I was super excited about getting it even though I have some, I never would have thought to pick up this color for myself. In that way I was really excited about trying it out. I think the name is cute and the color looks pretty, but it does look like it is more of a redish purple than an actual purple.

Description:

NYC Expert Last Lipstick Full Size $1.99

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 9/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Application: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Taste: 8/10
Different lip types:10/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I purchase: 9/10
Total rating: 111/120=92.5%=A

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments:
I think the price of this item is excellent! Whenever you can find decent lipsticks for a good price then I'm all for it. I don't usually wear lipsticks, but if I come across one I really like or the color is beautiful then I will wear it. I'm more into lipglosses, but trying to try products and branch out. Most of the time you can find these lipsticks at like Walmart for $0.99 or definitely under the official website price of $1.99. I think the packaging is simple, but cute. They use the standard round case for this lipstick, but the packaging has a clear cap to be able to see the product inside and the color of the lipstick on the bottom half. I haven't noticed this with this specific packaging, but with another lipstick or two that I have from NYC that are lipsticks, the top of the lipstick somehow rubbed off on the top portion of the cap just by being inside of the packaging. I'm not sure how it happened, but I noticed that it does happen. The cases are a bit cheaply made. This one seems better though. I also have had issues with twisting the product up and down. It either wouldn't go down or wouldn't go up.  I definitely think you get a decent amount of product for the amount. The longevity of this lipstick is described as expert last so I would expect this lipstick to last for a few hours, but I did a swatch on my hand and put it on my lips. The hand even after leaving it on for over 5 minutes I was still able to wipe it off without any problems. I think it is supposed to be long wearing though. I did the kiss test on my arm and a bunch of product came off. The longevity does not appear to be very good on this product. The application of this product is smooth and even and easy. The pigment of this product is good. I wish I liked the color that they sent me, I don't hate it, but it's just not a color I would wear on a daily basis. It's a cute color with a cute name, but too light of a purple for me personally. The smell of this lipstick is a bit strong, but smells really good, it smells sweet, like a sweet roll. I really like the scent. I don't mind it. The texture of the lipstick is smooth and lightweight. I can't feel it on my lips. This lipstick has a taste to it, but not as offensive as the Hikari lipstick. The NYC lipstick tastes a bit waxy with a hint sweetness. It's not overpowering or offensive. I think that different lip types from normal to dry should be able to wear this lipstick with no problems. It is very moisturizing and should glide over dry no problem. Overall, I really like this lipstick because of the price, because of the smell, and because the color is cute. I think I prefer the J Cat Beauty ones over these NYC ones, but I will have to compare the two. NYC probably wins but only because they are a lot easier to find/buy than the J Cat Beauty ones. I would definitely purchase this lipstick, but probably in a different color.

No comments:

Post a Comment