Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Lip Monthly, November 2014: Crown Lip Brush

 HI!


In today's blog I am going to be reviewing products I received in my beauty subscription service called Lip Monthly for November 2014. Lip Monthly is a beauty subscription service that is $10.00 a month and focuses on lip products. They used to give 3-4 lip products and 1 non-lip product. I am not sure if they still do that or not, but I did notice that they went from giving 5 products to now giving 4 products in each bag.

In today's blog I am going to be reviewing Crown lip brush. The product does not have the name of the brand on there so I was very confused, but I'm glad Lip Monthly actually puts their products on their inserts so I know who it is. At first I wasn't very excited about receiving a brush because even though I would like to test out brushes, I had received at least one brush in each of my beauty subscription services so I just kind of had it with brushes at that point. The one positive thing about getting this brush is that in my IPSY bag for November 2014 I got a J Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint and it is difficult to apply so this brush definitely came in handy. I did have a lip brush from buying brushes a long time ago, but this seems like a nicer one than I have and I figured might as well try it out. It ended up working out.

Description:

Crown Lip Brush Full Size $3.00

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Quality: 9/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 9/10
Design: 10/10
Bristle fallout: 10/10
Bristle feeling: 10/10
Blending ability: 8/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I purchase: 7/10
Total rating: 101/110=91.81%=91.8%=A

My personal rating: 7/10=70%=C

Comments:
The price of the brush is not bad at all. I prefer the E.L.F. ones because most of them are only $1.00, but in some ways this brush can be compared to the E.L.F ones like the studio ones. The packaging is cute, but simple. I don't like when products are not marked because then I don't know who it is. The handle is long and black and the thing that holds the bristles is silver. I think the quality on this brush seems really good. Usually you can tell after a couple of uses how the brush is going to act and I like this one. I used the J Cat Beauty lip paint with this brush and then I had to wash it three times to get the product out and I didn't see any fallout and the brush did not break. The brush bristles are soft so they feel soft on the lips, yet slightly stiff enough to apply product. The application of this brush is decent. I think the brush itself is bit bigger than I need for my small lips, but it is a good brush to use when filling in the lips. I tried to use this brush to outline the lips and I'm not very good and I did have some struggles doing that with this brush. The design of the brush is good. The handle is just the right length, the shape of the brush makes it easier to fill lips in, and the small hairs on the end of the brush can be used to outline the lips. I used it twice and I washed it 3 times and I have not seen any fallout. With the E.L.F. brushes you can tell right away if they leave bristles or break easily. This one seems to be holding up. This brush is good for blending, but not on small lips like mine. This brush needs bigger lips to work with, but it does do the job. Overall, this brush has soft, but firm bristles that are easy to work with, the price is good, the quality is very good, and no issues with it yet. I would purchase this brush.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment