Thursday, October 6, 2016

Lip Monthly, October 2014: J Cat Beauty Fantabulous Lipstick in Honeycrisp

Hi Makeup Lovers!


In today's blog I am going to be talking about the beauty items I received from Lip Monthly for the month of October 2014. Lip Monthly is a beauty subscription service for $10.00 a month. If you sign up for multiple months at a time you get the first bag for $2.99 or $5.99 and then $10.00 each for the following months. I ended up spending a total of about $35.00.

In today's blog I am going to be talking about J Cat Beauty Nude Lipstick in Honeycrisp. I am familiar with the JCat Beauty products from previous beauty subscription bag or box. I was excited to see this brand again but this time trying out a different product in their line. I was also excited because it was a nude lipstick which I have never tried to use before so I wanted to see what it was all about and how it would look on me.

Description:

JCat Nude Lipstick: now you're ready for the main event! Apply this luscious lipstick and create the perfect nude lip. This shade is the ultimate nude color, you will love how it looks with a dramatic smokey eye.
No price listed.

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Package: 8/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 9/10
Texture: 10/10
Different lip types: 10/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I purchase: 10/10
Total rating: 116/120=96.66%=96.7%=A

My personal rating: 10/10=100%=A

Comments:
The Lip Monthly insert did not include the price so I went to the official JCat Beauty website and it is listed as $2.99! Heck yes! I don't know what the heck is going on with the packaging tonight, but now my JCat Beauty fantabulous lipstick now only goes up half way so half of the product is stuck in the clear part I can see through, but can't get to. Worst case scenario is I take a lip brush and use it that way. For $2.99 I can't complain too much! [update, I just tried it again while I was typing this up and I got it to come all the way out, YAY, but it is sticky]. The packaging is cute. Both sides are solid and in the middle it is see through so you can see inside of the lipstick case to see the product. You definitely get a decent amount of product for the price. You also get a decent amount of product. The product case says 3 grams. The application of this lipstick is smooth and even. This lipstick is advertised as a nude lipstick so I was not expecting a lot of pigment, but I was pleasantly surprised. Even for being a nude lipstick you get a decent pigment payoff. I really like it! This product lasts about the same as any other lipstick or lip product. It depends on if you are a lip biter, lick your lips a lot, eat or drink, etc. The smell of this lip product to me smells very similar to the MAC lipsticks. I would say when it comes to smells at least, this lipstick is a dupe for the MAC lipstick scent! It is a very light vanilla like scent. I personally love it! This lip product does have a little bit of a sweet chemical like taste to it, but it's not overwhelming or overpowering. I'm okay with that. Surprisingly, this lip product glides on smoothly. It doesn't feel heavy or like it's weighing my lips down. I can definitely see any lip type using this from normal to oily to dry. On the dry lips I would caution that this lipstick is a bit drying so you may want to put some lip primer or lip balm on before applying this product. Overall, this is a cute lipstick and I don't want to start any rumors because I will have to test out some other lipsticks in this line, but this could be used as dupes to the MAC lipsticks, especially when it comes to that light sweet vanilla scent. The pigment of this lipstick, even for a nude, is good. I really think I found a new lipstick for a decent price to wear! I am actually excited to try other colors. I hope it's not a hit or miss product because that is really disappointing when one color of that product is fabulous and the other color of that product completely flops. I am excited to test it out further! I would most definitely purchase these on my own dime!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment