Thursday, October 13, 2016

IPSY, December 2014: NYX Butter Lip Balm in Ladyfingers

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be reviewing products that I received in my beauty subscription service called IPSY for December 2014. IPSY is a beauty subscription service that costs $10.00 a month or I think if you purchase all 12 months at the same time you get one month free. Unfortunately, since this service is so coveted, they usually have waitlists. I was on the waitlist for at least a month or month and a half before I had the opportunity to bypass the waitlist if I allowed IPSY to post on my facebook and I subscribed to a bunch of youtube videos. I was glad to do it to get off the list. You get decent sized products and I have always received at least 5 products in my bags. IPSY does have a beauty quiz that you take and you can review products that is supposed to help customize your bag, but I guess doing it for 4 months wasn't enough for it to get customized or they don't pay attention to the beauty quiz. I eventually cancelled my service because they were sending me a hand lotion, a face product, and a hair product in one bag and then two items may or may not be what I wanted to actually try.  I did not request any of those products on my quiz. It was really disappointing. I also have specific needs when it comes to eyes my mascaras and eye liners have to be waterproof otherwise it causes a lot of problems.

In this blog I am going to be reviewing NYX Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm in Ladyfingers. I was also super excited and thankful to IPSY for sending me the NYX Butter lip balm to try out. I have heard a lot of people raving about this product on Youtube and I am so glad that now I get to try it. I feel like there might be a NYX lipgloss that I bought or saw at the store that was named Ladyfingers, or I could have made that whole thing up. Who knows, but I love the smell of NYX lip products!

IPSY does not include an insert with descriptions or prices of the product.

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Taste: 9/10
On different lip types: 10/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I purchase: 10/10
Total rating: 117/120=97.5%=A

My personal rating: 10/10=100%=A

Comments:
According to the official NYX Cosmetics website this product is $4.00 each. Yikes! I do feel that even though $4.00 is not a lot of money, it does seem to be a lot of money for a lip balm. Although, the smell, the pigment, and the buttery smooth feeling this lip balm gives I would totally spend $4.00 on it. Usually I like to stick to $2.00 and under for lip balms, but I have never found a lip balm that smells so good, has a bit of pigment but not overwhelming just a little bit of color, and that doesn't taste like chemicals. For a lip balm it is a bit pricey, but for me personally, totally worth it! The packaging is simple, but cute and it seems to work. I do think that you get a decent amount of product for this lip balm and even for the price. This butter lip balm is not described as long wearing and I think it wears like a normal lip balm, maybe slightly longer because it has pigment. Usually lip balms don't have pigment, but this has a nice touch of pigment where it's not overly pigmented, but it definitely adds a little bit of color to the lips. It's very pretty. The application of this product is smooth and even. I love the smell of NYX lip products they always smell so good! It has a strong scent to it and I can smell it while wearing it on my lips, but it smells so good that I don't care. The texture of this lip balm is smooth and it feels light weight on the lips no matter how many layers you apply. The other nice thing about this product is that even though it doesn't taste as good as it smells, it doesn't have that icky chemical fake taste that other products have. This product does have a bit of a waxy taste to it. I think that this product should work well with normal to dry lip types. It is a lip balm so if it didn't work well with dry lips then I would not call it a lip balm. It is very nice and smooth and soft and not sticky. I love it! Overall, I have no major complaints about this product. The pigment is slightly there and it doesn't seem to be very buildable, but for a lip balm, I'm okay with a cute nice color. I wish these tasted as good as they smell, but then I would be licking it off my lips constantly, lol. I would definitely purchase this product and in different colors!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment