Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Lip Monthly, November 2014: Ofra Lip Liner in Orchid

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be reviewing products I received in my beauty subscription service called Lip Monthly for November 2014. Lip Monthly is a beauty subscription service that is $10.00 a month and focuses on lip products. They used to give 3-4 lip products and 1 non-lip product. I am not sure if they still do that or not, but I did notice that they went from giving 5 products to now giving 4 products in each bag.

In today's blog I am going to be reviewing Ofra Lip Liner in Orchid. I don't see anything about this product being long wearing or waterproof or semi-permanent which is disappointing. I will still use it, but not for special occasions. It is a very pretty color.

Description:

Ofta Lipliner Full Size $13.00

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 8/10
Application: 10/10
Smell: 7/10
Taste: 7/10
Texture: 10/10
Sharpening: 9/10
As a lip liner: 10/10
As an eye liner: 6/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Would I purchase: 3/10
Total rating: 116/140=82.85%=82.9%=B

My personal rating: 7/10=70%=C

Comments:
I am willing to spend some money on a lip liner, but I don't know much about Ofra as a company and that seems like a lot of money for this particular lip liner. Although the official Ofra website claims that this lip liner can also be used as an eye liner. If it is a two in one product then $13.00 is actually not that bad at all. I tried to apply it to my eyes. It was smooth, easy, and looks like it could be an eye liner. I guess that's not bad. The packaging is a pencil with a cap and the pencil needs to be sharpened to get to more product. I think that you get a decent amount of product, especially if you use it as a lip liner and an eye liner. The pigment on the lips is awesome! On my upper and lower lash line the pigment isn't as good, but on the lips the pigment is in your face. I love it. The longevity of this lip pencil is good. When I apply it to my lips the liner is pigmented, but when I wipe it, some of the product transfers, but some of the product stays on. It seems like the lines are still there but some fade easier than others. For the most part, the lip liner stayed on around the lips. The application of this lip liner is smooth and even. I love when you barely have to press and the pencil does the work with intense pigment. This lip liner has a weird chemical smell. It's not overpowering and once around the lip line you can't really smell it, but I don't like the way it smells. It smells like old wax or something. I put it around my lips and then I licked my lips and it tastes bad. It tasted like really old stale crayons. At least this taste is what I imagine old stale crayons would taste like. The texture of this product is actually quite smooth. Once on the lips you can't feel the product. Sharpening this pencil is easy and it does a fairly even job of sharpening evenly around the product. I love this lip liner as a lip liner. I think they said stuff about being able to use it as an eye liner to justify the price. This liner works on the upper and low lash line, but I don't think it has the same effect as it does when applied to the lips. I would recommend this product as a lip liner. Overall, I love the pigment of this lip liner. I am okay with the color. It's more red than I would normally wear or would like to wear, but for the purpose of testing this product I am okay with the color. I really don't like the way it smells and tastes. This product is not consistent enough on the long wearing in order for me to truly consider purchasing this lip liner. If I did purchase this product, I would most definitely purchase it in a new color.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment