Monday, October 3, 2016

Lip Monthly, September 2014: Makeup by Cherimoya Waterproof Lip and Eye Liner in #24 Latte

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be talking about the products I received through the beauty subscription service called Lip Monthly in September 2014. As far as I am aware Lip Monthly has actually been holding on this whole time, probably because they are $10.00 monthly, especially if you sign up for multiple months at a time. I received a deal where if I signed up for 4 months at the same time, I got the first box for like $2.99 or $5.99 and then it was $10 for the other 3 months so it ended up being like $35.00 for 4 months. I was really excited. If you make a video about it and submit it then you get points that you could eventually use towards their online store purchase or something. I'm sure a lot has changed in the last year or 2. I did find their facebook page. One difference I did notice going through their facebook page is that they used to send out 4 lip products and 1 other random beauty related product but none lip item. I noticed now they only send out 4 products, but some of them appear to maybe be full size now instead of samples. Don't quote me on that, but from a quick look that's what I noticed.

I am so disappointed in me because I always kept the insert in the bag like a smart person, but I guess I must have taken it out to use it and forgot to put it back. Fortunately, I took a picture of it so I can see what the descriptions are and the supposed prices of the items. In this specific blog I am going to be talking about Makeup by Cherimoya Retractable Waterproof Lip and Eye Liner in #24 Latte. I was actually really excite to try this product because even though I didn't mark anywhere that I love retractable pencils and waterproof makeup, Lip Monthly nailed both of my loves! The color Latte seemed like a color that I would appreciate too. I was weary about it being from the brand Makeup by Cherimoya because I am not familiar with that brand. I could not believe that I was given a makeup product that had a lot of checks on my list when I go to buy makeup. I noticed that other beauty subscription boxes/bags did not consider products for those who may need waterproof or may prefer retractable over sharpening pencils. That was really cool for me.

Description:
Makeup by Cherimoya Lip and Eye Retractable Pencil
Buy online at our shop retail $3.99

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 7/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 6.5/10
Longevity: 6.5/10
Application: 6.5/10
Texture: 9/10
As eye liner: 6/10
As lip liner: 9/10
Overall rating: 6/10
Would I purchase: 6/10
Total rating: 82.5/120=68.75%=68.8%=D

My personal rating: 6.5/10=65%=D

Comments:
I think the price for a lip and eye liner combination that is a retractable and waterproof pencil is a decent price. The packaging is simple, but cute. I like that is uses a light color on the dark color so I can read it. They tried to make it like a 3-D rectangle shape which is different. You pop the cap off and twist the inside until the product comes out, but I noticed that when I was twisting the product didn't want to come out easily so you have to twist a certain way to get it out. It is not easy to get the product out of the packaging. I twisted out a lot of product so I do think that you get a very decent amount of product for the price. I think the pigment shows up well on the hand, but does not show up well on the water line or lash line. I could barely see it. I had to color my eye lid in just to see there was color there. On the lips the pigment showed up a bit more, but not much. I colored my lips in with the product and I could tell a light brownish color showed up. Lip line/lip filler= okay and eye liner/lash liner= not good when it comes to the pigment showing up. This product is very inconsistent depending on where it is applied. The longevity of this product varies once again. I put it on my hand, waited a few minutes, rubbed it, and some of the product came off, but a faint line stayed. When I put it on my lash line I could barely see it and when I rubbed the product it seemed that all of it came off. On the lips the product seems to show some longevity because I put it on, waited a few minutes, and keep licking my lips and it doesn't appear to be easily coming off. The product is very inconsistent on longevity. The application of this product varies also. It was not smooth at all when I tried to apply it to my lash line. I had to keep stopping and re-applying. It was not smooth and even. On the contrast, when applied to the lips it doesn't go on smoothly, but it definitely wants to go on the lips easier than the eyes. Applying it to the outline of the lips and filling it in were not super smooth, but decent. The texture was a bit dry, but not heavy or too rough I guess. I gave it a point off for being a bit on the dry side. As an eye liner this pencil is not good, the pigment doesn't want to show up and the longevity of the pencil is not there. As a lip liner/lip filler this product is fairly good. The pigment and the longevity of the product are shown more. I have licked my lips about 5 times since applying it and even the color faded slightly, it is still there. Overall, I would say this product is very inconsistent depending on where you are applying the product. That is why I hate to take points off for this product because if it had been consistent at least then I would be able to love or hate the product, but I don't like it for the eyes, but it's okay for the lips. I think that for the price and the amount of product I would purchase it, but I would use it as a lip liner/lip filler and avoid the eyes completely. As an eye liner I would say not purchase. As a lip liner/lip filler I would purchase. I like the color the product gives off as a lip liner and on the lips.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment