Monday, October 3, 2016

Lip Monthly, September 2014: Eco Lips in Kiwi-Strawberry

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be talking about the products I received through the beauty subscription service called Lip Monthly in September 2014. As far as I am aware Lip Monthly has actually been holding on this whole time, probably because they are $10.00 monthly, especially if you sign up for multiple months at a time. I received a deal where if I signed up for 4 months at the same time, I got the first box for like $2.99 or $5.99 and then it was $10 for the other 3 months so it ended up being like $35.00 for 4 months. I was really excited. If you make a video about it and submit it then you get points that you could eventually use towards their online store purchase or something. I'm sure a lot has changed in the last year or 2. I did find their facebook page. One difference I did notice going through their facebook page is that they used to send out 4 lip products and 1 other random beauty related product but none lip item. I noticed now they only send out 4 products, but some of them appear to maybe be full size now instead of samples. Don't quote me on that, but from a quick look that's what I noticed.

I am so disappointed in me because I always kept the insert in the bag like a smart person, but I guess I must have taken it out to use it and forgot to put it back. Fortunately, I took a picture of it so I can see what the descriptions are and the supposed prices of the items. In this specific blog I am going to be talking about Eco Lips Fair Trade Lip Balm in Kiwi-Strawberry. I have never heard of this product before today, but I am excited to try it!

Description:
Eco Lips- Fair Trade Lip Balm
Buy online at our shop retail $3.49

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Smell: 9/10
Taste: 9/10
Texture: 10/10
Different types of lips: 10/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I purchase: 7/10
Total rating: 113/120=94.16%=94.2%=A

Personal rating: 8.5/10=85%=B

Comments:
The price of this product is a bit higher than I would pay for a lip balm, but for one that claims to be all natural that's actually not bad. I think blistex or the other one I forget the name of it right now I think chapstick or something, I think are usually around $1.99 or can go as high as $3.00 plus. The packaging is simple, but cute and has the cap and you twist the product out like most stick lip balms. The product claims to have 4.25 grams of product which is the most I have seen for a lip product or any product really. It's claiming to have a lot of product in it and for the price that seems really good. $3.49/4.25grams=$0.82 per gram. This product doesn't claim to be pigmented and most standard lip balms do not have pigment. This lip balm lasts about as long as most regular lip balms and lip products that are not long wearing. It depends on how much you use your mouth such as licking your lips, drinking, eating, etc. or not depends on how long it lasts. The application of this product is fairly smooth and even. It glides really well. I'm kind of surprised by the smell because even though it doesn't smell chemical-like, it does have a bit of a natural smell, but it's not very strong. The smell is very light in the packaging. The only way I can smell the product is if I put my lips up to my nose and sniff. Then I can smell a little scent of mostly strawberry. There is a bit of a citrus smell for the kiwi and the strawberry smells like real strawberries. It's pleasant and not overwhelming. The after taste of this product is not strong of chemical like most lip balms and lip products which is a nice change. It has a hint of a waxy strawberry after taste. It's definitely not chemical waxy taste, but definitely a natural waxy hint of strawberry taste. It's not as offensive as the chemical waxy taste. The texture of this product is very smooth and even. It doesn't feel waxy and it doesn't way the lips down. Most lip balms go on different types of lips from normal to dry. Overall, I was very surprised by how light of a scent this lip balm had, I would have preferred more and I would have preferred the kiwi come through a bit stronger because when you smell it in the packaging you can smell a bit of citrus for the kiwi part but once applied to lips and taste I can only taste strawberry, but it goes on smoothly and evenly, it doesn't have harsh chemical tastes like most lip products, and the price is okay. I would probably not pay $3.49 for this lip balm, but if it's all they had or it was on sale, I probably would pick it up.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment