Monday, October 10, 2016

IPSY, November 2014: Marc Anthony Aragan Oil of Morocco Hairspray

Hi!


In today's blog I am going to be talking about products I got through the beauty subscription service called IPSY for November 2014. IPSY is a $10.00 a month beauty subscription service where you get 5 sample or deluxe sample sizes. The products range from hair to face to brushes to eye shadow to lipsticks to eye liners to mascaras to face washes. I have to give them credit, they do have a lot of variety of beauty products to try out. They also seem to carry many different brands from low end to medium to high end.

In today's blog I am going to be reviewing the Marc Anthony nourishing Aragan Oil of Morocco Volume and Shine Hairspray. When I received this product I was really disappointed. This would have been my second IPSY bag and I was getting hair products which I did not mark to receive on the beauty quiz. I never used it. Fortunately, recently my husband got a new hairstyle that requires some hair spray for it to stay in place and so he has been using this hairspray. When you first spray it on it smells pretty good, but the smell does fade with time. It looks oily but feels a bit crunchy. But it does make the hair stay in place all day! This is my first time reviewing a hairspray product because I don't wear hairspray so please bear with me.


IPSY does not include a description or price of the product.

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Texture: 8/10
Application: 10/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I purchase: 5/10
Total rating: 80/90=88.88%=88.9%=B

My personal rating: 7/10=70%=C

Comments:
According to the official Ulta website is $8.99 which I don't think it's that bad for a hairspray. I would say it is on the higher end than I would personally like to pay, but it's not bad. The package is colorful, bright, and comes with a hold down spray at the top to dispense the product onto hair. I think that you get a decent amount of product for the price. The longevity of this product is that it does last all day. He usually puts it in his hair in the morning and 11 hours later when he comes home the hair is still in place. Initially when the product is sprayed on the hair it is a fairly strong flowery/sweet smell, but fades away. The texture of the product is smooth and wet when first applied, but when the product dries, it does dry to where it feels smooth, but a bit stiff/crunchy. The application is super easy and smooth. My husband does it quickly every morning. It does dry super fast. Overall, I am kind of glad IPSY sent me this product even though I don't use it my husband does so I guess it worked out! I probably personally would not purchase, but my husband would purchase this product.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment